About Working at Commerce
Wouldn't it be great to build your career at a bank that's known for helping people with their financial challenges? That's exactly what you'd be doing when you join the team at Commerce Bank. We're looking for teammates who are ready to do whatever it takes to help our customers with their everyday financial needs. You'd be helping yourself too, because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding team members for their talent, skills and contributions.
No wonder we've been an industry leader for over 150 years and have developed a reputation as a great place to work in the financial services world. If you'd like to be a part of a team and culture that is respected by its peers and in your community, we should talk. We're always looking for the best and brightest.
About This Job
This position involves both the comprehensive management of existing commercial relationships as well as soliciting new business opportunities with assigned customers and targeted prospects. Although it can vary by market, targeted companies generally include those with annual sales of up to $20MM.
- Primarily involved in calling activities with assigned customers and targeted prospects with the objective to acquire new business
- Serves as the primary advisor for an assigned portfolio of diverse and complex commercial relationships, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction and retention
- Coordinates with product partners to cross-sell a full range of products and services
- Critically reviews and analyzes portfolio to reduce risk and enhance profitability
- Facilitates credit requests, including loan structuring, negotiating/pricing, collateral, ensuring adequate loan documentation, and analyzing industry/credit risk
- Facilitates the resolution of customer problems, engaging product experts as needed
- Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank and to establish referral contacts within the marketplace
- Ensures compliance with all bank policies, procedures, regulations, and laws
- Perform other duties as assigned
Manages a portfolio of commercial relationships with some or all of the following characteristics:
Work ScheduleKnowledge Skills & Abilities Required
- Avg loan portfolio O/S of $5MM to $20MM
- Avg deposit portfolio of $1MM to $10MM
- Annual contribution of $100M to $400M
Education & Experience
- Thorough knowledge of full range of commercial products, credit policies, procedures and terminology
- Strong time management skills, with ability to appropriately prioritize calling activities and strategies
- Goal oriented with strong sales skills
- Good strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Basic credit analysis skills
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Good persuasive and negotiation skills
- Some independent decision-making skills, but requires regular management oversight
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Inquisitive, agile and strong team player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
For this position, federal regulations require Commerce Bank to prepare an investigatory consumer report which will disclose credit history. If you express interest in and are considered for this position, you will be asked to authorize that report.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of commercial banking experience
For this position, Commerce Bank will review your motor vehicle driving record. If you express interest in and are considered for this position, you'll be asked to authorize our review of that record, maintain a valid driver's license, and meet Commerce Bank's driving record criteria; ongoing employment may be contingent upon meeting all driving requirements.
Location: 1100 W. Pine Blvd., Poplar Bluff, Missouri 63901
This job has expired.