An empty treadmill isn't compelling, but once someone steps on it, the stories are limitless. Our goal is to connect people emotionally to their fitness journey. We are a global team coming from different cultures and backgrounds with a shared passion to achieve and live our mission of inspiring healthier lives.
Inspire. Innovate. Make an impact and join our team!
The Business Development Representative will be directly responsible for generating new business opportunities in an effort to support an assigned regional territory. Direct responsibilities will include front-line sales activities such as cold calling, emailing and relationship building. This person must be proficient in generating new sales prospects and growing share in under penetrated markets.
The Business Development Representative will report to the Manager of Business Development while also working closely with the Regional Manager and Territory Sales Representatives to achieve our revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making a high volume of phone calls per day, working cross-functionally within the Commercial Operations organization, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales. This person will play the role of a true sales consultant by operating at a high level, understanding and contributing to the client's overall growth strategy and collaborating with the field to pull opportunities through.
AS THE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT AT LIFE FITNESS, YOU WILL
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN YOU?
- Source new sales opportunities and build a sales pipeline by making 75 dials a day
- Have high-level, exploratory conversations with prospects and clients to qualify leads, generating 45 New Opportunities a month
- Collaborate within your assigned Region to close 5 New Business Deals each month
- Maintain and expand company's SFDC database of prospects
- Answer client questions regarding commercial products, services and solutions
- Perform strong, effective online demos and web presentations to prospects
- Work cross-functionally (Field Sales, Sales Support, Credit & Leasing, Order Management, Service, Delivery & Installation, etc.) to ensure that a seamless and superior client experience is delivered throughout the sales process
- Bring a growth-oriented, win-the-day attitude to the sales floor
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 6+ months inside sales experience in a consultative, phone sales environment
- Record of goal achievement and/or increased responsibility in prior role(s)
- Passion for fitness and previous experience selling in fitness, athletics, hospitality, corporate/wellness industries or similar industry preferred
- High level of integrity
- Strong attention to detail
- Intrinsic drive to sell
- Appetite for continuous growth, development and coaching
- Comfortable and friendly verbal and written communication style
- Proven high energy, enthusiasm, and persuasive sales ability
- Resilience, tenacity and rejection tolerance
- Technologically savvy, proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite (e.g. Excel, Word & PowerPoint) is required
- Prior Salesforce.com or similar CRM experience, and/or Oracle experience preferred
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Proven ability to work efficiently and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must reside in Chicagoland area or regionally in the territory being supported
Want to take the next step in your career?
Life Fitness takes pride in our talented employees and believe in providing opportunities for further growth and advancement. We encourage you to test your strengths, push your limits and unleash your potential.
If you feel the open position you see is right for you, we invite you to apply.
Learn more about us here.
Life Fitness does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Life Fitness and Workday Privacy Policies