DRAGADOSis a subsidiary ofACS Group, a global infrastructure development company that leads the ENR ranking of International Contractors.
We not only encourage personal growth and a career path designed by each employee we hire, we surround you with a great team to assure diversity and success.
Along with our partners, we have the necessary size, resource base and expertise to take on the comprehensive design and management of large infrastructure projects from conception to completion.
The Joint Venture including Dragados USA (42%), VINCI (33%), and Flatiron Constructors (25%) has been awarded with a $3.3B design-build contract for the I-64 Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, which is the largest construction contract awarded in the history of the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The position of CAD Technician / Drafter involves the issuance of methods drawings as per the set standards and QHSE Policies to be used in construction project.
Principal / Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares means and methods drawings on the construction methods, sequence of works, temporary works, formwork definition as well as lifting operations and logistic issues, including scaffolding and accesses.
- Ensure that all the Requirements from Employers and any parties are met and that no objections can be provided to the permanent construction.
- Ensure that the drawings are developed using the workflows set in the CADD Manual.
- Ensure that those drawings are compliant with the required standards by using designated softwares (AutoCAD, 2D, 3D and Autodesk Civil 3D).
- Work closely with other departments and engineers.
- Integrate quality and safety measurements and prevent any risks in the execution methods and sequence drawings.
- Report about the progress of the design development.
- Circulate the drawings to the design or construction team for their further review and upon review, integrate the received comments through issuance of reviewed drawings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 1 years' experience as Draftsman/CAD Designer in the construction industry and in infrastructure works (roadway, bridge, tunnel, etc.).
- Minimum 1 years' experience using AutoCAD and Autodesk Civil 3D software.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience with Microstation GEOPAK SS4 or Bentley Openroads designer a strong plus.
- Experience on Formwork, Work Sequences and Construction Methods drawings.
- Experience in infrastructure 3D Modeling such as: building pads, alignment and profile design, roadway modeling, DTM modeling, drainage, cross sections and quantity take-offs
- Knowledge or experience in BIM software, such as Revit, Navisworks or Synchro.
- Previous experience in tunneling projects and/or large infrastructure projects.
- Strong Organizational Skills
- High ability to work under pressure
- Highly developed communication, both written and verbal.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise; employment in this job is an "at will" employment relationship. Dragados USA Inc., in an Equal Opportunity Employer
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.