Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
Watch our video here
From complex infrastructure to minor construction, Granite Construction offers a unique set of opportunities to gain experience and build your career. As one of the largest diversified construction companies in the nation, you will have the opportunity to learn and work with some of the best experts in the field.
Why Choose Granite?
Granite's Benefits and Well-Being program consistently ranks at near the top level for all companies in our industry (and outside out industry as well).A few of the benefits we offer to our employees:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• 401K Program with Employer Match up to 6%
• Company Paid Basic Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Optional Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary Short-Term Disability
• Optional Allstate Benefits Voluntary Plans
• 7 Paid Holidays
Build your career with Granite Construction Company!
Pay Range: $19.00-$26.00 DOE
Constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and fixtures of wood structures, using hand tools and power tools, and conforming to industry standards.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Selects specified type of lumber or other materials
- Prepares layout, using rule, framing square, and calipers
- Marks cutting and assembly lines on materials, using pencil, chalk, and marking gage
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements, using saws, chisels, and planes
- Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together with nails, dowel pins, or glue
- Constructs forms and chutes for pouring concrete
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- •Must have construction experience / heavy construction preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience required
- Dam or other heavy structure experience highly preferred
Workers should be able to:
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems
- Plan work and select proper tools
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape, and form of lines, figures, and objects
- Picture solid objects from drawings or diagrams
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often; and rate information using standards that can be measured or checked
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Work Safely by Choice
Physically, workers must be able to:
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Climb and maintain balance on scaffolds and ladders
- Reach for, handle, and manipulate objects and materials
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, and see well (either naturally or with correction).
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
This job has expired.