LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develops, deploys and manages the procurement strategies for commodities and services required to support company operations. These commodities and services are less complex, narrower in focus and tend to be more transparent markets than those led by the Sr. Category Manager.
- Promotes excellent working relationships with Engineering, Manufacturing and Operations in the development of sourcing strategies and digitization projects.
- May involve multi-year/multi-million-dollar expenditures negotiated and contracted utilizing national agreements by buyers. Utilizes comprehensive and systemic market analysis for the goods/services procured to drive lowest total cost and maximum value to the company.
- Manages effective internal client and supplier relationships up to the senior level.
- Commodities to include fuel, lubricants, and cylinder gases and other related technical materials supplies.
- Executes strategic sourcing following the agreed processes and sourcing strategy methodology. Utilizes market analysis and contracting strategies for commodities. Promotes cross-functional teams in assessing risks and developing models associated with supply and technical compliance.
- Ensures the deployment of strategic purchasing plans driven by customer requirements, manufacturing results and capabilities, distribution and logistics objectives and business economics.
- Implements measurement systems that clearly indicate the performance level of the sourcing strategy and supplier effectiveness. Maintains focus on added value, lowest total "life cycle" cost and cost savings.
- Development of reporting personnel and peers through dialogs, skill gap analysis and training.
- Promotes excellent working relationships with internal customers and other supporting organizations.
- Maintains relationships with key business and manufacturing partners and key supplier contacts.
- Ensures that business drivers, departmental goals and measures are aligned.
- Recognized as a leader and an expert in segments, commodities and/or categories assigned, providing knowledge and expertise within this area.
- Develops and implements supplier continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree required (or recognized equivalent). Master's degree preferred (or recognized equivalent).
- 10+ years related experience required with a degree (15+ years in lieu of a degree);
- 3+ years of chemical or related industry experience and knowledge related to purchasing and materials management is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in positions mastering knowledge of business processes in a commercial environment preferred.
- Experience in establishing commodity/segment strategies and management preferred.
- Know-how in SAP, Ariba, Project Management, Agile development processes, rapid pro-typing of ideas/systems, contract law, negotiations planning and execution, and other aspects of advanced supply chain management are preferred.
- Plant level prior experience, graduating to corporate center wider regional/national impact desirable.
- Proven ability to set and meet tight timelines of execution, appropriately influencing positive action by "non-reporting" cross functional teammates is a must.
- Experience in establishing commodity/segment strategies for fuels, lubricants, and cylinder gases and other related technical materials supplies strongly preferred.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB): As a leader in the global chemical industry, LyondellBasell strives every day to be the safest, best operated and most valued company in our industry. The company's products, materials and technologies are advancing sustainable solutions for food safety, access to clean water, healthcare and fuel efficiency in more than 100 international markets. LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity, equity and inclusion and is Advancing Good with an emphasis on our planet, the communities where we operate and our future workforce. The company takes great pride in its world-class technology and customer focus. LyondellBasell has stepped up its circularity and climate ambitions and actions to address the global challenges of plastic waste and decarbonization. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.Nearest Major Market: