Operate a commercial vehicle to transport product between two local destinations while following all regulatory and company safety standards, policies, and procedures.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES)
- Deliver frozen and/or refrigerated freight to and from local locations
- Provide excellent customer service to our customers while delivering quality products to each location and/or store
- Maintain schedule to ensure on time pick-up and delivery; may be required to read out the digital tachograph timely Account for and inspect freight to prevent rejection or potential claim issues; may include checking the loading temperature and monitoring it during transport. Ensure accuracy of paperwork with the delivery and that all requirements are met in coordination with the dispatch and operations departments
- Maintain accurate and up to date driver logs for hours of service and equipment maintenance
- 2 years' operating a 53' Class A commercial vehicle AND/OR
- Two years Class A Port drayage experience
- MUST have a valid TWIC Card
- Valid license(s) for commercial/professional drivers
- Ability to understand instructions in Country's official language or as defined by Lineage Logistics
- Ability to work in temperatures as low as -20 Fahrenheit/-25 Celsius in cold storage sites or up to 100 Fahrenheit/37 Celsius in dry storage sites while wearing company provided personal protective equipment and freezer gear
- May be required to lift a minimum of 40 lbs./18 kgs.; weight may be more dependent upon facility
- Abilityto work a flexible work schedule and shift, including weekends if needed
- Must be comfortable with various noise levels, at times, can be loud
This is an excellent position to begin your career path within Lineage! Success in this role enables greater responsibilities and promotions! A career at Lineage starts with learning about our business and how each team member plays a part each and every day to satisfy our customers' requirements. Beyond that, you'll help us grow and learn on our journey to be the very best employer in our industry. We'll ask you for your opinion and ensure we do our part to keep you developing and engaged as we grow our business. Working at Lineage is energizing and enjoyable. We value respect and care about our team members.
Lineage provides safe, stable, reliable work environments, competitive pay, excellent Health and Dental benefits, 401K, and Paid Time Off and Sick Days
This job has expired.