Job ID: 471339
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
Operator - CDL Driver - Mulch & Soil Manufacturer- Class A DOT flatbed and live floor tractor trailer operation. Drivers are required to strap, weigh station & tarp palletized loads. Drivers must be able to operate Forklift equipment to unload cargo. Fast -paced operation, with overtime likely. This is a full-time, over the road position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Valid Class A CDL license, clean 3-year MVR report and ability to pass pre-employment DOT physical & drug test, and criminal background search
- Perform routine pre & post trip inspection inspections, properly secure and strap heavy loads for travel, and demonstrate proficiency in Forklift Certification Training & Successfully complete Decision Driving Safety course including but not limited to written test & observed road test
- Maintain accurate and legible logs and records in compliance with DOT and company standards to include but not limited to: maintenance reporting, pre & post trip inspections, fuel ticket records, delivery manifests & documentation, and necessary customer delivery signatures
- Perform preventive maintenance safety inspections (tires, mirrors, brakes, fluids, tarps, straps) & fueling duties. Physically fit to climb & perform
- Able to distinguish proper inventory via SKUs and labeling and communicate effectively with dispatch, Scale House, and shipping departments
What CRH Offers You
- Ability to lift or move up to 65 lbs occasionally
- DOT Physical is required
- Employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, lift, strap, tarp and remove the tarp and load their own equipment operating a forklift
- Will be exposed to all elements of the weather from sun and heat to snow and cold and rain and wind and dust and dirt as presented by the weather
- Properly secure flatbed load as required by DOT for flatbed equipment and movement of product
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Philadelphia Job Segment:
Forklift, Warehouse, Manufacturing
This job has expired.