If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
** Sign On Bonus Eligible Up To $7500 **
The University of Miami has an exciting opportunity for a Central Sterile Processing Technician 2 with Bascom Palmer Eye Institute located in Miami, Florida.
The Central Sterile Processing Technician 2 is responsible for preparing supplies and equipment for use during patient procedures achieving competency in two areas of sterile processing. Receives, processes, stocks, and distributes supplies. Cleans and disinfects equipment requiring decontamination or sterilization, assembly, packing, sterilization, documentation, implantable, case carts, emergency carts, and supplies to surgical nursing units and ancillary departments assisting with daily operational flow.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Cleans, wraps, sterilizes, stores, and distributes medical equipment, supplies and instruments used in patient care.
- Ensures adequate equipment and supplies are available to complete order requests.
- Transports instruments and supplies, delivering items to their destination within an efficient time frame prioritizing patient safety.
- Achieves and maintains productivity demand level for area by fulfilling order requests in a timely manner for patients from various hospital departments.
- Sets up of decontamination and assembly workstations daily following established standard of work processes (SOW) for all decontamination/sterilization, preparing and assembly.
- Transports case carts as requested, following established safety protocols and utilizes department tool aides to prevent errors.
- Assembles minor procedure instrumentation for nursing units, and all other ancillary departments. Receives and sorts medical equipment and instruments returned to decontamination, loading/unloading cart washer, emergency carts, and sterile supplies.
- Adheres to infection control and utilizes universal precautions PPE protocols.
- Participates in continuous process improvement and quality systems and stays abreast of related departmental practice guidelines and standards from the Joint Commission, AAMI (Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation), AORN (Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses).
- Checks equipment for functionality and report malfunctioning equipment immediately to leadership. Provides reliable, high quality customer service to all department's requests.
- Prepares and distributes request orders, including fulfilling phone order requests for supplies and equipment.
- Maintains distribution of equipment, supply records, and logbooks.
- Operates and maintains documentation of various sterilizers and processing equipment.
- Maintains storage of sterile supplies/surgical instrumentation according to facility policies and procedures.
- Provides shift report to lead technician or leader of the pending and completed requests.
- Ensures patient charges and issued supplies are given daily to lead technician or leader by end of shift.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
High school diploma or equivalentCertification and Licensing:
Certification in relevant specialty or field.
Basic Life Support (BLS)Experience:
Minimum 2 years of relevant experienceKnowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- General knowledge of office procedures and operations.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office).
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, reports and correspondence.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.