The entry level Certified Medical Coder will perform Retrospective Review to assist healthcare providers in identifying and resolving issues related to incomplete or missing clinical documentation. Increase accuracy, completeness and compliance with clinical condition documentation to enable providers to deliver quality of care.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable Federal, laws and regulations related to coding and documentation guidelines for Commercial and Medicare Risk Adjustment Payment System.
- Performs on-site medical record review to capture of all relevant diagnosis codes included in the CMS and HHS Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCC) conditions for Commercial and Medicare Risk Adjustment Payment system.
- Focus on retrospective coding to close HCC gaps and add HCC codes not reported.
- Ensure diagnosis codes are supported by the documentation and ensure adherence with ICD-10CM Guidelines for Coding and Reporting.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
High School degree or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. Successful completion of coding credential required: CRC via AAPC. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward additional certification is highly preferred and encouraged.EXPERIENCE:
No prior coding experience necessary. An active coding certification of CRC is required from AAPC.SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced understanding of medical terminology, pharmacology, body systems/anatomy, physiology, and concepts of disease processes.
- Extensive knowledge of and ICD-10CM coding guidelines and AHA Coding Clinic.
- Advanced technical skills for use of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint) as demonstrated through successful completion of a skills test.
- Ability to manage a significant work load, and to work efficiently under pressure, while meeting established deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide variety of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong time management skills.
- Must possess a high degree of accuracy, efficiency, and dependability.
- Excellent written and oral communication for representation of clear and concise results.
Work is performed in a remote environment.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued, and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.