If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is currently seeking a Concierge coordinator to work at Desai Sethi Medical Center in Miami. The incumbent liaises between referral sources, hospitals and physicians to assist with health care needs patients seeking medical care with University of Miami Health System.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates the full-cycle of medical services for international or VIP patients by gathering all pertinent data from patient, referring physicians, payers to ensure all needs of the patient and family are met throughout their visit.
- Organizes transportation and lodging for patients transferring to or seeking services at UM facilities including ambulance/air-ambulance services.
- Schedules appointments, registers patients, and verifies insurance coverage.
- Negotiates discount and bundled package pricing, obtains letter of agreement and payments from self-pay patients and other payers within guidelines.
- Follows up with patients and non-contracted payers to collect funds as necessary.
- Serves as after-hour contact for one week on a rotating basis to provide patients assistance with the coordination of services outside of regular business hours.
- Effectively troubleshoots any problem independently and expeditiously.
Coordinates the full cycle of medical services for international or VIP patients by gathering all pertinent data from patient, referring physicians, and payers. Organizes transportation and lodging for patients transferring to or seeking services at UM facilities. Schedules appointments, registers patients, and verifies insurance coverage. Negotiates discount and bundled package pricing, and obtains letters of agreement and payments from self-pay patients and other payers within guidelines. Follows up with patients and non-contracted payers to collect funds. Serves as an after-hour contact for one week on a rotating basis. Troubleshoots any problem independently and expeditiously. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
Bachelor's Degree in related field requiredExperience:
Minimum 1 year of relative experience required***Any appropriate combination of education, experience, and certifications may be considered***#LI-FA1
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.