Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The Chemist II performs testing activities as directed by Chromatography Group Leader in accordance with all applicable company and regulatory guidelines to ensure that quoted turnaround times are met in support of water/wastewater testing and other areas.
QualificationsThe Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Perform testing activities as directed by Chromatography Group Leader in accordance with all applicable company and regulatory guidelines.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Monitor backlog and plan testing schedule to ensure quoted turnaround times are met.
- Perform wide range of analytical methodology utilizing sample preparative methods as needed for separation of water and fat soluble vitamins.
- Preparation of mobile phases, calibrate pH meter, balance or scale validation, etc.
- Perform entry level analysis, simple matrixes and compounds using turn-key SOP' and sample preparative procedures for routine analysis.
- Utilizing a good working knowledge of Chromatography, Analytical Chemistry, Biology and/or Biochemistry work under general supervision in preparation analysis, quality control, data collection, data evaluation in a variety of complex matrices.
- Handling and analytical testing of biological samples.
- Prepares calibration standards and calibrates instrumentation and equipment.
- Perform studies in support of quality control parameters for instruments utilized HPLC, UHPLC, GC/MS and others as needed.
- Instrumentation utilized will include HPLC, UHPLC, GC, Spectrophotometer, ELISA and others as needed.
- Perform troubleshooting and preventive maintenance on instruments utilized.
- Maintain neat and accurate records.
- Interact with clients to assist in selection of test methods if necessary.
- Enter testing data into LIMS and monitor for QC failures.
- Review and approve laboratory analytical data.
- Review and issue reports to clients.
- Perform calibrations/checks of laboratory equipment.
- Maintain chemical/reagent traceability.
- Assist with maintenance of chemical/supply inventory.
- Support the maintenance of controlled documents related to laboratory operations/testing through editing of documents and/or reviewing revisions.
- Support quality system improvements through completion of Corrective and Preventive Action forms, documenting Non-Conformances and assisting with internal audit findings as assigned by Chromatography Group Leader.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Experience operating HPLC, UHPLC, GC, Spectrophotometer, ELISA and other related equipment
- Knowledge of ISO 17025, USDA and related standards
- B.S. in Chemistry or related field
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Wilson, NC are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays