Can sit remote throughout the US.
Responsible for creating an estimate of damages to 1st and 3rd party material damage, by reviewing photos received: via MyClaimPics, from the customer; from Copart Auto Auctions or from a third party vendor. Also responsible for focusing on the needs of loss participants, identifying customer needs, and working to meet those needs using appropriate customer service skills for internal (claims adjusters) and external (policy holders and claimants).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Learn to handle most aspects of material damage claims with supervision
- Develop a basic understanding of the content of all types of policies written by the company
- Develop a basic understanding of the insurance industry and the organizational relationships of the company
- Learn how to determine subrogation or fraud potential
- Receive claim assignments and documents all appropriate information
- Review photos thoroughly and determines reparability and complete assessment and or, total loss evaluation
- Evaluate settlement alternatives by reviewing regulatory compliance and fair claims practices; makes decisions on best option
- When appropriate, make contact to discuss a settlement; extend an offer to appropriate party; document all file activity and payment/settlement information in file notes clearly outlining basis for settlement
- Complete continued education with both company required courses and additional outside courses
- Take ownership of any issue, problem, or error that could potentially impact the policyholder and or loss participant
- Complete accurate estimates with little supervision up to $2,000
- Handle material damage and fair judgment in repair/replace decisions
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Estimating experience with an automated estimating system
- Basic knowledge of claims process
- Obtain and Maintain appropriate license and/or educational requirements
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Recognize and able to identify all body parts of a vehicle
- Learn to understand other potential property damage exposures
- Develop understanding of claim policies & procedures
- Interpret and apply written coverage accurately
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
- Ability to resolve conflicts and empathize with customers is critical
- Strong negotiation skills
- Successful completion of Estimate Writer training
- Develop a basic understand of the functions of other departments, such as Policy Ops and Marketing
- Adjuster license in your home state or state that requires examination and CE
- I-Car Certification
- Management experience in a repair facility
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.