We are currently seeking an Associate Claims Representative to fill a position in our South Station area office. In this position you will be responsible for the investigation, evaluation and disposition of first and third party auto property damage claims.This is a great opportunity for an eager person who thrives in a fast paced work environment to start a career with a financially sound company. In this role you will be the first point of contact for customers who are involved in accidents. You will deliver on Plymouth Rock's promise to be there when our customers need us the most.This is a salary based position ($47,000 a year) that comes with full benefits including tuition reimbursement.
No prior insurance experience is required and you will receive extensive training as well as advancement opportunities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Education
- Investigate and interpret policy provisions, endorsements and conditions to determine coverage in the automobile property claim.
- Identify and investigate Contested Coverage Claims with recommendation prepared for coverage committee.
- Responsible investigating auto accident to make a liability assessment. This includes interviewing first and third party claimants, witnesses, investigating officers and other relevant parties, along with securing pertinent records, documentation and loss scene information.
- Analyze the investigation to determine proximate cause, negligence, and damages. Evaluate and adjust reserves as necessary.
- Prepare dispatch instructions for field personnel to inspect vehicles.
- Negotiate and settle claims within his/her individual authority. Submit claims for approval to supervisor when over his/her authority or for guidance, review and/or referral when appropriate.
- Maintain an effective follow-up system on pending files by advising insureds, claimants, and brokers on the status of the claim.
- Act as an intermediary between the company, preferred vendors and customers, resolving any disputes that may arise.
- Ensure that service, loss and expense control are maintained at all times.
- Adhere to privacy guidelines, law and regulations pertaining to claims handling.
- Investigate and initiate subrogation when applicable. May handle and respond to special civil part lawsuits pertaining to property damage.
- Participate in catastrophic claim handling as requested/needed. This may include traveling to other locations, extended hours and up to a three-week stay.
- Handle our customer focused phone environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A friendly, customer service focused orientation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Property and casualty claims handling experience desired, but not necessary
- Ability to multi-task and a proficiency personal computers
- Bachelor or Associate's Degree
About the Company
- Office Schedule
- 4 weeks accrued paid time off + 9 paid national holidays per year
- Robust wellness & health and fitness reimbursement programs
- 401(k) bonus
- Tuition reimbursement
- Auto and home insurance discounts
- Volunteer opportunities
- Matching gift program
- Company-paid life and disability insurance plans
- Optional medical, dental, vision, legal, pet insurance, FSA and identity theft protection plans
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.7 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner's insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 2,000 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of "A-/Excellent".We believe that every person is entitled to equal employment opportunities.
We do not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant for employment on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or genetic information. In addition, the state in which you work may protect certain other characteristics. We are committed to treating employees fairly and with dignity and respect, and we unconditionally prohibit discrimination in hiring, terminating, promoting, or compensating any employee on the basis of a qualified individual's membership in any of these protected classes