The Technical Assistant is responsible for assisting the Claims Professionals with providing jurisdictionally specific support. Support and assistance include; wage calculation, Division of Workers' Compensation (DWC) form completion, medical packet preparation and organization, as well as specific reporting projects. The Technical Assistant reports directly to the Claims Manager to assist with meeting team, office, and jurisdictional needs.
- Obtains necessary data and information from applicable sources such as intranets, databases, and internal and external business partners.
- Analyzes and confirms information from external documents, claim files, orders, liens, and salary information etc Accurately completes paperwork, and/or forms in a timely manner as mandated by internal and external guidelines
- Completes and formats all necessary Division of Workers' Compensation (DWC) forms in adherence with benefits paid, etc
- Completes special projects for staff which may include preparing reports, distributing, editing, and formatting material
- Accurately develops and maintains records, spreadsheets, and data per internal and statutory guidelines
- Calculates necessary benefits as applicable under state guidelines
- Organizes and assembles audit and regulatory material for review
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced setting
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work
This job has expired.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills typically exemplified by two or more years of related experience.
- Prior experience in a claim department or risk management department environment, with continuing education in claim or medical courses a plus.
- Demonstrated computer skills to include proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and knowledge of database applications a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize workload accordingly.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate.
- Successful diary management skills and task management skills.