Plant Name: Chicago Millard - 101055
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies- BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS-Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
Basic Function: The Class A CDL Driver is under the direction of the Plant Manager and will primarily be responsible for pick-up/delivery of reconditioned products using established production procedures, following safety protocol, and adhering to our company's quality standards.
- Drivers are eligible for a Safety Bonus of $2,000 for a violation free year,
- Sign on Bonus of $3,500 in the first year of employment
- Referral bonuses for referring employees who are hired on!
- Drivers are paid OT past 40 hours!
- Health Savings Account
- 401k with company match!
- 11 Holidays
- PTO time
- A focus on work/life balance as most drivers are home daily!
- Safe and legal operation of a commercial vehicle.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections on vehicle.
- Ensure load matches paperwork before leaving all sites.
- Delivery of various containers / packaging to customer locations within an assigned route.
- Assistance of proper loading and unloading of freight (when required) ensuring safety and minimal risk of damage.
- Development and maintenance of a professional service to our customers.
- Collection of payments from customers and recording of all transactions when applicable.
- Ensure customer and quality system compliance in areas of responsibility by conducting quality checks and examining products.
- Notify management of any defective product or hazardous conditions. Promptly report all injuries to management.
- Organizing end-of-day paperwork for office administration.
- Maintaining a team approach through respect and communication at all levels.
- Various other duties and tasks as assigned.
Job RequirementsMinimum Requirements:
- Use of required personal protective equipment.
- Operation and use of necessary tools or equipment.
- Extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Valid Class A CDL (Commercial Driver's License) w/ clean motor vehicle record.
- 1 year experience with driving required.
- Positive attitude and excellent customer service skills.
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency.
- A Hazardous Materials Endorsement on CDL is preferred.
- Maintains all required company paperwork.
- Follows all State & Federal regulations per Department of Transportation standards.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to comply with all established rules and policies (safety, production, etc.).
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work any shift and work time as needed.
- Must be able to maintain an acceptable attendance record.
Mauser Packaging Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.