If you are interested in working in a modern hospital with great doctors, experienced staff members and state of the art equipment, then look no further. VCA California Veterinary Specialists here in Ontario is the largest 24 hours Emergency and Specialty hospital in the Inland Empire. For over 10 years we have provided exceptional veterinary service and patient care. We take pride in what we do and are looking for a motivated individual who is willing to work with a strong team of individuals in a fast paced environment as a full-time Client Service Representative
As part of the Client Service Representative Team, you will help set the tone for the practice as we build and maintain each customer's trust and confidence in our abilities.
As a CSR, you must be a self-starter with a strong attention to detail, ability to work in fast-paced environment, be able to handle difficult cases and clients, and have outstanding
• Customer service functions, including: greeting visitors, answering telephones, and guiding clients and their pets to exam rooms
• Scheduling and confirming appointments
• Placing outbound calls for follow-ups and reaching out to prospective clients
• Presenting and explaining fees, including processing payments
• Recommending, selecting, and obtaining products and services, including prescriptions
• Answering questions regarding products and services, including educating clients on general animal husbandry and non-medical pet care (i.e., heartworm prevention, housebreaking, and flea & tick control)
• Managing medical records, charts, reports and correspondence
• At least one year of proven past experience helping customers
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Compassion for pets and people-as well as awareness and understanding of others' reactions
• Proven decision-making skills to choose the most appropriate course of action
• The ability to integrate new information into problem-solving
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
• The ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and be exposed to hazards associated with pets such as allergies, contagious diseases, noises, odors, bites, scratches, and animal waste
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including, medical/dental/vision and paid vacation (for F/T employees only), 401(k), generous personal pet care discounts and more!
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.