If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Physical Therapy Department UHealth System at the University of Miami has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Clinical Assistant.
The Clinic Assistant performs a variety of clerical duties associated with patient care unit operations. Further, the incumbent handles administrative duties, including filing records, scheduling lab work and hospital admissions, making follow-up calls, phoning in prescriptions, and calling to get lab test results.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Assembles, completes, and processes patients' charts, and keeps patient records accurately identified.
- Transcribes doctors' orders, and checks charts for incomplete histories and operative summaries, bringing issues to the attention of the appropriate member of the healthcare team for correction.
- Orders unit supplies to maintain inventory of the unit's equipment stock and supplies.
- Assists with receiving, distributing, and sorting supplies brought to the unit.
- Obtains laboratory and x-ray reports and notifies doctors of results.
- Utilizes IDX RIS/PACS to track patient arrival times and advises front desk personnel of patient delays to maintain daily schedule.
- Greets patients upon arrival and verifies patient information.
- Directs patient to the dressing room and ensures the patient has changed into a gown and removed all metal items from their person.
- Documents all equipment issues and reports to appropriate managing staff.
- Assists in copying completed patient paperwork, delivering originals to front desk for scanning, and distributing copies to appropriate reading rooms.
- Receives telephone calls and responds to inquiries from visitors.
- Reports unusual incidents in a timely manner to appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
High school diploma or equivalentExperience:
Minimum 6 months of relevant experienceDEPARTMENT ADDENDUMDepartment Specific Functions
Assists the physical and occupational therapists with treatment procedures as directed. Communicate with departmental team, nursing and physician staff as needed and as directed by therapists. Participate in quality and safety improvement activities. Correctly sets up, prepares and administers modalities for patient treatment as directed and supervised by therapists. Correctly and courteously positions patients for treatment as directed by therapists. Follows designated instructions on safety procedures and precautions when assisting with patient treatment. Verbally report significant information or changes in a patients' condition to the appropriate therapist immediately. Maintain a safe and clean work area in the clinic. Maintain appropriate equipment logs (ie, temperature for hydrocollator, freezer, etc.) Maintain appropriate water levels in the hydrocollator daily. Stock linen and prepare treatment areas between patients throughout the day. Clean treatment tables, mats, exercise equipment, thermal modalities, etc. such that there is no accumulation of dust, dirt or debris. Punctual attendance for all scheduled shifts. Requests for time off are made one month in advance . Documents all equipment issues and reports to appropriate managing staff. Reports unusual incidents in a timely manner to appropriate supervisory personnel.Department Specific Qualifications Education:
College education / bachelors degree in a related field preferred
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.