Reporting to the Director of the ICU/IMC, the Clinical Nurse demonstrates and applies the nursing process to plan and manage the care of patients in a critical care setting, which requires split-second decision-making skills.
Job Title: Clinical Nurse - Critical Care (ICU/IMC)
Employment Type: Part-Time / 24 hours weekly
Shift: Rotating; 7am - 7pm or 7pm - 7 am
Location: Germantown, MD
- Competitive pay; Sign-On Bonus available to qualified applicants
Benefits - Medical, Dental & Vision, PTO, Free Parking, Metro Access, Tuition Reimbursement, 403(b)
Quality of Life:Flexible work schedules
Advancement:Opportunities to advance through the Clinical Advancement Program
Location:Holy Cross Health has two hospitals and four healthcare centers all a short driving distance from Washington DC and Baltimore, MD
- Reporting to the Director of the ICU/IMC, the Clinical Nurse demonstrates and applies the nursing process to plan and manage the care of patients in a critical care setting, which requires split-second decision-making skills.
• Assessing patients' conditions and designing and implementing their care plans.
• Observing and recording patient vital signs.
• Administering intravenous fluids and medications.
• Ensuring that ventilators, monitors and other types of medical equipment function properly
• Ordering diagnostic tests.
• Collaborating with other team members.
• Applying nursing protocols to life-saving situations.What you will needRequired:
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program; basic professional nursing degree (BSN or MSN) preferred. Note, if the BSN or MSN degree is not present on hire, the employee must sign an agreement to obtain a within a specific time frame.
- Current licensure by the Maryland State Board of Nursing or Compact State as a Registered Nurse.
- BLS certification (issued through the American Heart Association)
- At least 1 year of nursing experience in an acute care setting
Holy Cross Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system that serves more than 240,000 individuals each year from Maryland's two largest counties - Montgomery and Prince George's counties. Holy Cross Health earns numerous national awards, clinical designations and accreditations across a wide range of specialties for providing innovative, high-quality health care services.Holy Cross Hospital has received the award and achievement of being one of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for 2021 and 2022.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard toMinority/Females/disabled/Veteran(M/F/D/V) status.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.