Holy Cross Labor & Delivery is known for focusing on our patients' needs and we combine compassionate care; with the most sophisticated monitoring equipment and pain management protocols to ensure your birthing experience is as comfortable as it is memorable. If you are ready to transition into Labor & Delivery and don't have experience, we offer an internship to prepare you.
This is why you want to join our Labor & Delivery:
- Paid internship to learn and transition into Labor & Delivery
- Good Physician and Nurse Relationships
- Utilizing critical thinking skills to anticipate and manage delivery complications
- High Level of autonomy (patient assessments, placing orders, cervical checks, etc.)
- Access to a patient safety nurses present 24 hours for deliveries, codes and high-risk deliveries
- Career advancement through our clinical ladder, tuition assistance and certification assistance
Minimum licensure/certification required (if applicable):
- One year of experience in acute care setting
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program; (BSN) preferred, ADN acceptable
- Current licensure by the Maryland State Board of Nursing or Compact State as a Registered Nurse or willing to obtain MD Licensure
- BLS certification; additional Life Support training as applicable to unit requirements.
- Professional specialty certifications may be required in accordance with departmental standards or role requirements.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Females/disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.