If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami/UHealth has an exciting opportunity for an Oncology Pharmacist.
$10,000 Sign - On Bonus
The Pharmacist compounds and dispenses prescribed drugs in a healthcare facility environment. Also, an employee in this position transfers prescriptions, handles incoming physician calls, logs data into applicable databases, and performs drug utilization review.
- Provides comprehensive and individualized clinical pharmacy services to oncology patients as a member of interdisciplinary teams
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary healthcare team to optimize the pharmacotherapeutic aspects of patient care
- Assists with medication management including developing, recommending, monitoring, and designing treatment regimens to optimize therapy for individual patients
- Educates patients and their families to ensure their understanding of the administration schedule and toxicity management of their treatment
- Anticipates patient needs, medication related problems and proactively identify solutions
- Participates in medication reconciliation and discharge planning for assigned patients
- Develops specific pharmacotherapeutic plans for individual patients
- Provides in-services and educates pharmacy, medical, and nursing staff and trainees on evidence-based best practice and stewardship of appropriate utilization of medications
- Contributes to the development, maintenance, and management of medication related guidelines
- Continuously identifies service-related issues which require evaluation and facilitates research projects and quality improvement initiatives as needed to advance practice
- Serves as preceptor for and maintains active involvement in the PGY-2 Oncology residency program
- Provides precepting mentorship for PGY-1 pharmacy residents and pharmacy students
- Participates in Pharmacy and collaborative departmental subcommittees, including but not limited to Pharmacy & Therapeutics and Medication Events Committee's
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessaryMinimum Qualifications:
- Requires current licensure in good standing in the State of Florida and a degree in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy.
- PharmD is required; consideration will be given to all candidates who have been grandfathered by the state of Florida to keep their licenses active/current if obtained before the changes to the Pharmacists' licenses (PharmD requirement) took place, this also includes candidates from other countries that have obtained a Florida license.
- PGY-1 and PGY-2 Hematology/Oncology Residency. Experience as an oncology clinical pharmacist may substitute for the required PGY-2 residency on a one to one basis
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.