At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you'll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cybersecurity. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients' needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We're proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
The Cloud Security Engineer/Architect will directly contribute to the overall global enterprise Cloud architecture and lead the security vision and strategy around Cloud-based applications.
How you will make an impact
Qualifications for success
- Serve as the central point of contact for Enterprise Security for other Technology teams within the organization.
- Design and develop security architectures for Cloud and Cloud hybrid based systems.
- Design and implement Cloud-native architectures that will allow business requirements to be met with a minimal degree of risk to the organization
- Represent security Platform in development and implementation of the overall global enterprise Cloud architecture.
- Works with Engineering, infrastructure services, and application development organizations to choose appropriate technology solutions
- Leads initiatives designed to share knowledge across Security Platforms and Technology teams
- Identifies, recommends, coordinates, and delivers timely knowledge to support teams regarding technologies, processes or tools.
- Create, modify, and maintain Optiv's Cloud Reference Architectures.
- Support sales processes through solution development, proposal development, and opportunity presentations.
- Previous experience in a Security Architect and/or Engineering role.
- Demonstrated Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies such as (Secure Software development, Application Security, data protection, cryptography, key management, and identity access management.
- Knowledge of standard Cloud-native authentication mechanisms
- Familiarity with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
- Ability to perform threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
- Experience with Azure Security Center
- Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification
- Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Familiarity with O365 implementation and ongoing transitions
- Must hold a current Government of Canada Classified - Secret clearance
- Experience working with public sector and the processes required to get Authority to Operate (ATO) is strongly desired.
- Experience applying technical knowledge and customer insights to create technical and strategic roadmaps.
- Experienced Solutions Architect who is able to coordinate and direct conversations with high level executives, architects, and engineers
- Experience developing complex architectures in Azure
- Solid understanding of DevOps
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 6-8 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4-6 years of related work experience with a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related major.
- Knowledge of general security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, architectures and governance.
- Broad knowledge of technology trends, relevance to clients' businesses and market impacts
- Superb business acumen, project management expertise and understanding of the Services organization as a whole.
- Demonstrated ability to create comprehensive assessment reports, including building out the presentation material and associated documentation.
- Must be able to work well with customers and self-manage through difficult situations, focus on client satisfaction.
- Ability to convey complex technical security concepts to technical and non-technical audiences including executives , including building out the presentation material and associated documentation.
- Ability to work both independently as well as on teams
- Ability to lead and mentor others; willingness to collaborate and share knowledge with team members.
- Experienced at writing technical proposals, statements of work, white papers, presentations and project documentation; strong attention to detail.
- Technical architecture experience integrating data protection software into clients' infrastructure; network architecture design, implementation and administration.
- Willingness to travel to meet client needs.
- Valid driver's license in Canada.
- The successful candidate must hold or be willing to pursue related professional certifications such as the CISSP, CISM, and/or CISA.
- Based in Ottawa (preferred).
- Bilingual: English/ French is an asset
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services and Identity and Data Management.With Optiv you can expect:
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality and Inclusion through Affinity groups including but not limited to, Women's Network, Optiv Pride, Black Employee Network, and Veterans Support Network.
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge" a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.