Join Arizona's largest, most prominent not-for-profit hospice, serving the valley since 1977.
Hospice of the Valley employs compassionate, skilled professionals who are committed to excellence, enjoy teamwork and contribute daily to our mission and culture of caring. Team members experience a friendly, supportive atmosphere, leadership support, autonomy, flexibility and the privilege of doing meaningful, rewarding work.
Pay: up to $1100 Attendance Bonus per year and up to $300 Bilingual Bonus per year
Provide one-to one, compassionate care while loving your job!
- Supportive work environment with a culture of caring for patients and one another.
- Competitive wages and excellent benefit program.
- Generous Paid Time Off.
- Flexible schedules for work/life balance.
With the support of the community, Hospice of the Valley's Dementia Care and Education Campus is an innovative and comprehensive resource for those living with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. The Campus will provide full-spectrum care for persons living with all stages of dementia and support for their families. A 12-person Assisted Living Center, a 10-person Hospice Inpatient Care Home, an Adult Day Center, and a Child Center will provide superb and creative person-centered care, and a Community Education Center will educate and inspire physicians, nurses, social workers, caregivers, families, and the community to improve quality of life for persons living with dementia.Position Profile
This role will work with dementia patients at our 10-bed dementia Inpatient Care Home for people with advanced disease on hospice. This person will provide person-centered personal care (bathing, continence care, nutrition, ambulation) according to the care plan developed by the interdisciplinary team. Our caregivers will build meaningful relationships with the residents and their families while providing assistance with activities of daily living. Responsibilities
- Provides engaging person-centered activities for patients at all levels of physical and cognitive functioning.
- Provides quality individualized personal care.
- Contributes to the warm and welcoming atmosphere of the unit.
- Assures patient, staff and visitor safety.
- Provides effective patient/family/caregiver education.
- Works collaboratively with peers in a professional demeanor.
- Creates timely and accurate documentation.
- Utilizes resources effectively and efficiently.
- Adheres to scope of practice/HOV standards and facilitates continuously improved processes/services.
- Maintains and enhances professional skills.
- Adheres to high standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Current Arizona certified Nursing Assistant or Arizona Certified Caregiver Certification.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the dementia disease process.
- Solution driven, creative and resourceful problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage time well and perform assigned duties with attention to detail, accuracy and follow-through.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Previous hospice experience.
- Previous dementia experience.
- CHPNA certification.
Why Join HOV: https://hov.wistia.com/medias/0posjxhffd
Hospice of the Valley offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits that include medical, dental and vision plans, generous paid time off, a matching 401k, tuition assistance, an award winning wellness program and a host of employee recognition and rewards. Employees also receive comprehensive orientation, training and resources.
Hospice of the Valley is an equal employment opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
This job has expired.