Job ID: 215527
Location: FORT BRAGG , NC , US
Date Posted: 2021-04-13
Subcategory: Human Performance
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is looking a Cognitive Performance Specialist (CPS) for the Holistic Health and Fitness (H2F) Program at Fort Bragg, NC. This position is contingent upon contract award in the Spring of 2021.
The CPS will act as part of a multi-discipline team that will provide program analytical support and qualified/certified Strength and Conditioning Coaches (SCCs) and Cognitive Performance Specialists (CPSs) to function as integrated members of a Brigade (BDE)-based multi-disciplinary team focused on optimizing Soldier readiness and performance within the Army’s new Holistic Health and Fitness (H2F) System. The H2F System is the Army’s primary investment in Soldier readiness and lethality, optimal physical and non-physical performance, reduced injury rates, improved rehabilitation after injury, and increased overall effectiveness of the Total Army. The system empowers and equips Soldiers to take charge of their health, fitness, and well-being in order to optimize individual performance, while preventing injury and disease.
As a Cognitive Performance Specialist (CPS), you will train and educate Soldiers in individual and group settings, based on evidence-based peer-reviewed literature, in specific cognitive, mental, behavioral, psychosocial, perceptual, learning, adaptive thinking, human engagements, and emotional control skills, strategies, performance optimization and maintenance – to include documentation of work performed, implemented, and provided to Soldiers.
Tasks to Include:
• Assisting and advising the CPS PD in matters relating to mental performance, exercise, and sports psychology
• Providing information about mental performance, exercise, and sports psychology factors in sports, exercise, and physical activity
• Training and educating on goal-setting, performance profiling, visualization, performance development, and planning.
• Supporting research conducted in coordination with the CPS PD and/or Brigade (BD) PD.
• Assisting the CPS PD and/or BDE PD in developing and maintaining practice guidelines
• Developing and promulgating training materials to support the BDE non-physical performance optimization
• Documenting work performed, utilization, recommendations, and all other information in the designated reporting database
Required Education and Experience: