What you'll do...
MC Medical LLC, the primary care provider to Walmart Health, is looking to hire a Collaborating Physician (CP) in Georgia. In this role you will be responsible for collaborating with nurse practitioners in the Walmart Health Centers to ensure consistent, high-quality patient care through regular chart reviews, real-time consultation to support patient care as needed, and regular in person meetings with nurse practitioners. The CP should also be willing to consult or help coordinate referrals for patients in need of additional care beyond the scope of services provided in the Walmart Health Center.
Walmart, the Fortune #1 Company and the nation's largest private employer, is helping people save money and live better, healthier lives. We strive to be a center of wellbeing in the communities we serve, and we have a unique opportunity to provide access to affordable healthcare to millions of people. We need passionate healthcare professionals to help us achieve our mission.
You'll make an impact as you:
You'll sweep us off our feet if you have...
- Adhere to state-specific regulatory requirements and company expectations regardingdelegation of medical duties and prescriptive authority
- Meet with APRN in person as required by the State (as articulated in the CollaborativeCare Agreement) and in accordance with company policy to maintain ongoing proactive interactionwith APRN
- Are available for real-time, remote consultation with APRN by phone and/or text for time-sensitive issues
- Ensure appropriate notice is provided when a substitute/designated physician is needed when not available to communicate with APRN/clinic
- Review 10% of patient charts in accordance with the company chart review policy and procedures, unless otherwise required by state requirements
- Provide appropriate feedback to APRNs using chart review tool and feedbackmechanisms
- Escalate acute clinical care concerns appropriately, involving Medical Director, Clinic Manager and APRN, per Walmart Health policy.
- Willing to accept referrals to own office and/or support coordination of referrals to otherprimary care providers (or specialty care providers) for patients that are in need of primarycare physician consultation (or specialist consultation) following appointments in theWalmart Health Center.
- Participate in clinic quality improvement initiatives to foster consistent, high-quality care.
- Experience collaborating with multiple Advanced Practice Nurses to ensure positive patient experiences with our organization.
- At least 3+ years' experience as practicing primary care provider.
About Walmart Health
- MD. or D. O. degree.
- Completion of residency at an accredited healthcare institution.
- Board certification in primary care or related field from the American Board of Medical Specialties or American Osteopathic Association.
- Current, unencumbered State Medical Practitioner License or in process of applying 5-6 months before the position's pending start date.
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Department of Public Safety (DPS) registration (if applicable to state), for prescription writing.
- Is not sanctioned, excluded, or disbarred from any State or Federal Health Plan and has not Opted out of Medicare participation.
- Willing to share malpractice history upon request.
Walmart is committed to making health care more affordable and accessible for customers in the communities we serve. To expand on this commitment, we launched Walmart Health to provide affordable, transparent pricing for key health center services for local customers, regardless of insurance status.
The customer is at the heart of all we do. We are focused on the needs of the patient and customer. We are partnering with several on-the-ground health providers to be a first-of-its-kind health center to deliver primary and urgent care, labs, x-ray and diagnostics, counseling, dental, optical and hearing services all in one facility.
By continuing with this process, you understand that you are not applying for a position of employment with Walmart Inc. or any entity owned by Walmart Inc. Nothing in the documents or information presented during this process is intended to create, now or in the future, an employment relationship with Walmart Inc. or any entity owned by Walmart Inc. To the extent any of the documents or information presented during this process implies that you are applying for a position of employment with Walmart Inc. or an entity owned by Walmart Inc., you expressly disclaim such understanding by continuing with this process.
#LI-LC5 Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. Primary Location...
125 PAVILION PKWY, FAYETTEVILLE, GA 30214-4098, United States of America