About ABBA Eye Care
Our Brand Promise: To always deliver the highest levels of customer care and personalized service.
Abba Eye Care is now a proud member of the AEG vision family. As part of AEG, we know that your vision is precious, and so is your time. Abba Eye Care is a one-stop-shop for comprehensive vision exams, contacts, and designer eye wear. With convenient locations spread throughout Colorado, you're guaranteed to find the perfect match for your unique needs.
About the Job
About the Company
AEG Vision (or "AEG") is building a market-leading group of full-scope optometry practices through the acquisition of regional eyecare groups and independent optometry practices. AEG maintains the local brand, practice staff, store associates, and patients of its acquisitions -- while investing in medical equipment, technology, infrastructure, and the team in order to elevate the patient experience. AEG's core purpose is to "improve the health of our community by helping our neighbors see better and look their best, one patient at a time". We are assembling a team of experienced industry professionals to help build AEG into the best place to work and have an outstanding patient experience.
About the role
Assistant Managers supports the Practice Managers in overseeing all day-to-day store operations. They supervise all practice employees, ensuring AEG policies and procedures are followed, standards are enforced, and all patients' needs are met. An Assistant Manager works on the sales floor and assists the Opticians with sales and troubleshooting, and helps resolve customer service issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Resolves customer service issues/complaints regarding products and/or services; issues refund to patients; Signs off on spectacle remakes.
* Monitors patient flow (appointments and walk-ins), ensuring on-time practice performance. Helps move patients though without disruptions, communicates with the Technicians regarding schedule, and checks in on patients in the lobby.
* Monitors associates break times, ensuring everyone receives breaks as required by law and company policy.
* Participates in interviewing and selection of new practice employees.
* Participates in employee disciplinary actions if necessary.
* Documents any employee relations issues, escalates to Practice Manager or HR as appropriate.
* Resolves conflict between associates, escalates to Practice Manager or HR as appropriate.
* Together with Practice Manager, organized and leads staff meetings.
* Provides ongoing feedback to employees.
* Facilitates training for new team members.
* Demonstrates cost awareness and makes suggestions on improving store's efficiency.
* Monitors associates opening and closing duties, ensuring store is clean, organized, and well-stocked.
* Once a year, or as necessary, participates in store inventory.
* Other duties as assigned by the Practice Manager.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* ABO Certification preferred but not necessary
* Extensive optical experience required
* Experience with customer service and/or sales
* Management experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
* Computer literacy and data entry
* Ability to read and understand basic financial statements
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong conflict resolution skills
* Ability to lift up to 30 lbs, bend, kneel, and stand up to 8 hrs a day
Hourly pay rate: $15.00 to $21.00 plus commissions, depending on experience and geographical location
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, STD, LTD, Basic Life, Voluntary
- PTO and Holidays
High School or Equivalent
Abba Eye Care-Fountain