The Commissioning Coordinator/Handover Coordinator is responsible for ensuring turnover, commissioning, and handover activities are successfully completed on the Gordie Howe International Bridge Project. This includes the responsibility for on-time Handover of the Canadian and US Ports of Entry, the Bridge, and the Michigan Interchange.
As the Bridging North America (BNA) Commissioning and Handover lead, you will have reporting responsibilities to senior project managers, coordinate the Commissioning and Handover activities across all the project segments and liaise with and administer deliverables to the Client.
The size and complexity of this iconic project is both rewarding and challenging, and will require you to be process driven, goals orientated, flexible, and able to communicate effectively within the project team and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities/Scope of Work
• Project point of contact for all Commissioning and Handover requirements.
• Be a visible leader through open and frequent communication with stakeholders.
• Actively participate and/or lead Internal and Client meetings related to turnover, commissioning, and handover.
• Develop and present related information to the BNA and Client Leadership Teams.
• Stakeholder interface management, including with Client, Components, Functions, and 3rd parties, including development and maintenance of a productive working relationship.
• Facilitate the interface meetings with Client, produce meeting minutes, and address action items.
• Facilitate the Interface meetings with 3rd parties (such as Government Agencies, subcontractors, vendors) and produce notes of record.
• Participate as the Project Commissioning Coordinator at Sustainability meetings and document reviews (LEED Compliance).
• Coordinate Operations and Maintenance requirements during construction (training, Systems Operations Manual development).
• Manage the interface with the Commissioning Agent, including contract administration of their subcontract.
• Participate in the updates of the Commissioning Plan throughout the construction phase.
• Coordination of all Commissioning preparation and deliverables by subcontractors and vendors (schedule tests, training,).
• Coordinate and administer the Commissioning Schedules, Test Procedures, and submittal forms to WDBA.
• Manage the delivery of the training delivery to Client and Operations and Maintenance teams.
• Coordinate the inputs to the Systems Operations Manual.
• Ensure supporting documents for seasonal commissioning, off-seasonal commissioning, and ongoing Building Systems Commissioning post-Handover.
• Facilitate internal Commissioning and Handover meetings.
• Address questions regarding Commissioning in the Project Agreement and resolve with the relevant person(s).
• Management of the Commissioning Schedules with BNA Construction and subcontractors.
• Participate in the development of the Commissioning requirements for Construction Turnover and approve the Turnover for Commissioning to take care custody and control.
• Develop the Handover requirements and communicate to project team.
• Oversight of critical issues.
• Develop agendas for internal and external meetings.
• Review documents issued to Commissioning from Records Management.
• Load required records into the Records Management System, (minutes, procedures, guidelines, forms).
• Develop Commissioning Governance documents as required (white papers, forms, guidelines, procedures.
• Develop an integrated Handover Plan and Schedule.
• Sponsor the development and inputs for Asset Information Management System.
• Take accountability for delivery of the Commissioning requirements in the Project Agreement.
• Address Non-Conformance Reports and develop responses.
• Review Commissioning inputs in Quality Inspection and Testing Plans.
• Attend component and functional meetings.
• Accountable for Turnover, Commissioning, and Handover submissions to the Client in a timely manner.
• Develop the Handover submittal structure and liaise with the Clients appointed assessor.
• Participate in Commissioning integrated system testing.
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!