Compensation: $21.74/hr.; $23.01/hr. QMHP
Due to rapid expansion in all of our clinics, we are offering a $1,000 sign on bonus for Community Support Specialists; additional $2,000 sign-on bonus for Qualified Mental Health Professionals. We are eager to be able to continue to serve clients in our service areas and need you to make this happen!
*Part-Time Applicants are welcome to apply!
The Community Support Specialist provides integrated, holistic, community support services engaging both the child and parent/caregiver, serves as an active member of the client's integrated health team and acts as a liaison to other wellness team members, internally & externally. Evening and weekend availability required to meet the needs of the clients. Daily travel required to assigned service territory.
CHN team members enjoy a collaborative team environment, and competitive benefits, including quarterly performance incentives.
Responsibilities of the Community Support Specialist
• Using a motivational, stage-matched approach, provide individualized services based upon strengths, needs, abilities and preferences identified collaboratively with client/family, focused on supporting client and family’s movement toward improved functioning and achieving their treatment goals
• Work with parents to engage and participate in treatment with child is required and necessary for improved clinical outcomes
• Provide services to child and parent/caregiver using System of Care philosophy; and a holistic, person-centered, strengths-based perspective, incorporating coaching surrounding the Eight Dimensions of Wellness, with attention to each domain of wellness, including physical and mental health
• Support client/family in completion of goals identified on Wellness Plans, reviewing the WP with client/family as required, reassessing client/family need, service choices available, community functioning and as needed for updating of goals and objectives as items are achieved, or as client/family goals change
• Assist the family with accessing, locating, referring and arranging services, resources, natural supports, & other providers, if preferred, to assist in achieving their goals
• Provide educational information and skill building to client/family regarding areas of concern such as daily living skills, coping skills, education, symptom management, communication/relationships with focus on improving functioning
• Develop and implementation of a crisis intervention plan with the family and provide crisis intervention services, as needed, during and after normal working hours
• Participation in and coordination with the child and family interagency team members on an ongoing basis to advocate for the Mental Health needs of child/family
• Meet service provision expectations per client needs and agency guidelines. Services are provided in the home with the client and family based on clinical need, including evenings and weekends
• Driving is an essential function of the position
High School/GED required
Associate’s/Bachelor’s/Master's degree in a human service-related field preferred
At least four (4) years of experience OR a combination of higher education and experience required if a High School/GED is the highest education obtained
At least two (2) years of experience OR a combination of higher education and experience required if an Associate’s degree is the highest education obtained
(*If the degree is an Associate’s of Applied Science in Behavioral Health Support from an approved institution; then no additional experience is required)
At least one (1) year of experience required if a non-human service Bachelor’s degree is the highest education obtained
All experience must include working with individuals with psychiatric, substance use, and/or developmental disabilities
A valid driver's license and agency established minimum automobile coverage required
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted 9 minutes ago
Posted 9 minutes ago
Posted 9 minutes ago