Braun Intertec Corporation, a leader in geotechnical engineering and environmental consulting, is seeking engineering or construction management students to assist in performing CMT estimates for a 6-month co-op within our geotechnical engineering department. During this time the student will work in and report to the engineering department, while performing construction estimating and engineering-related office and field duties. This position is located in White Bear Lake, Minnesota.
- Produce cost estimates and written proposals for services on construction material testing projects
- Learn how to estimate construction quantities
- Learn to read and interpret construction plans and specifications
- Learn procedures and gain exposure to ASTM, AASHTO, ICC and DOT standards
- Assist with field construction materials testing as requested by the engineering department to support field service operations or engineering evaluations. The testing could include double-ring infiltrometer, soil density or concrete testing, and excavation observations
- Assist with observation of various components including ground improvement or foundation systems such as rammed aggregate piers, helical anchor, sheet piles, etc. for conformance with project documents
- Add to your professional résumé with experience and references from a well-respected engineering consulting firm
- Competitive pay and the opportunity to work overtime
- Gain experience in writing proposal and reports
- Have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Willing to travel up to 25%% and overnight
- Must be willing to work overtime as necessary
- College student working toward construction management or civil engineering
- Some related work experience preferred, but will train top applicants
- In depth understanding of construction drawings
- Solid understanding of math and computer aptitude
- Good written and verbal communications skills
Braun Intertec employees are encouraged to expand their skills and certifications through company provided training and mentoring.
Braun Intertec is a Drug-Free Workplace and requires all new hires to complete a pre-employment drug screen test, criminal background check, and motor vehicle report.
Braun Intertec offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, PTO, Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and paid holidays.As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.Braun Intertec strives to ensure that its careers web site is accessible to all. If you need assistance completing your online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Braun Intertec is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please e-mail us at email@example.com. In your e-mail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.