GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/vision plans, and vacation/sick/personal time, and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. is seeking construction professionals (Inspectors, Senior Inspectors, Office Engineers, and Resident Engineers) for projects throughout New York State.
Do you value a company that puts employee satisfaction and diversity at the forefront of who they are? If so, GPI wants you!
GPI is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design, and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward-thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: www.gpinet.com
- General responsibilities include performing on-site inspection of various heavy highway and/or bridge rehabilitation/replacement projects
Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Ideal candidates will have experience working with NYSDOT Standard Specifications for Construction and Materials and NYSDOT Manual of Uniform Record Keeping (MURK)
- Candidates with standard industry certifications from NICET, ACI, NACE, NETTCP, or ATSSA are preferred
- Candidates should also have good oral and written communication skills
- Maintain a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Possess a personal vehicle for use on or around a job site
- Read, write, and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Basic computer skills with the ability to create and edit Microsoft Word and Excel documents, create Outlook emails and utilize SharePoint and Microsoft Teams to communicate with other team members
- Able to stand for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours
- Able to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material, with a variation of elevation 19\" or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground, etc.)
- Able to climb and leave a ladder to a platform varying from 6' to 20'
- Able to operate a mechanical aerial lift or bucket truck up to a height of 100 feet
- Able to wear and operate personal fall arresting apparatus, and work at a height 6' or higher
- Able to wear GPI required PPE, i.e., hard hats, safety vest, work boots, safety glasses/goggles, and/or masks while working
- Able to move equipment or inspection specimens weighing up to 50 pounds