Are you looking to build a career in the environmental field? Are you passionate about the environment and working collaboratively to improve our environment? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for you. Who are we? We are Montrose Environmental Group, the premier environmental services provider.
Montrose Environmental Group is seeking a Construction Manager to join our growing business. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth and have a minimum of 8 years of experience supporting site construction and remediation projects. The Construction Manager will perform daily tasks to monitor safety, quality, subcontractors' work performance and production associated with construction oversight.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER TO YOU
At Montrose Environmental Group, we're not just determined to think about a better way forward for environmental services today and down the road - we're committed to making it a reality. Our Principles guide us: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
Competitive Compensation Packages
A DAY IN THE LIFEConstruction Manager Responsibilities
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Medical, Dependent Care and Transit Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance and access to additional voluntary programs
- 401k with a competitive employer match
- Progressive vacation policies and company holiday to ensure work/life balance for our people
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- Access to telemedicine and employee assistance programs
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
- Work on multiple heavy civil/mechanical and remediation projects across Florida, both in the field and in an office environment
- Supports Site Safety: adheres to the project HASP, coordinate daily tailgate meetings, monitors construction activities for HASP compliance, performs daily SAFE WORK observations
- Acts as the primary liaison with design/engineering: coordinates with design staff regarding the performance of job activities throughout the project duration, informs design staff of progress and changes and obtains approvals, supports material submittal and completed work review for compliance with the project requirements, maintains the project design and communication record at the site level
- Supports the Construction Manager/Project Manager with daily construction work monitoring, progress tracking, materials/equipment procurement, subcontractor monitoring, daily and weekly report compilation
- Documents subcontractor's work performance and coordinates certain field activities to facilitate site remediation and environmental construction projects
- Implements the project Quality Management Plan: performs and documents required testing and inspections for self-performed and subcontracted work, informs Construction Manager and design team of all quality issues, manages Non-Conformance Reports and ensures all quality issues are resolved
- Ensures compliance with municipal permits, all regulatory plans (e.g., SWPPP, NPDES), and prepares all required documentation and reporting
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Exercises safe work practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs
- Participates in the company's continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts
- Keeps up-to-date and current on industry trends by completing formal training, reviewing professional publications, and attending professional workshops
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.
- High School Diploma is required; technical degree or BS Construction Management preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of direct construction experience working in the field with heavy equipment and construction equipment operators and laborers
- General Contractor's License and/or PSSC is highly desirable
- Experience with demolition work such as tank, piping, and foundation demolition
- Current OSHA and HAZWOPER training certifications
- Exposure to light mechanical work; primarily pumps and piping
- Experience in environmental construction is desired inclusive of heavy civil remediation, soil blending, landfill closure, transportation and disposal
- Must have valid driver license
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks and ability to work in all weather
- Ability to be punctual and reliable
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to present to Supervisors
- Organization: Utilizes strong organization skills and produces a paper trail that can be easily understood by a third party.
- Communication: Ability to effectively communicate both in the English written and spoken word and employs effective listening skills
- Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well within a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) software
- The position may involve travel, as needed. Most travel is expected to be in the form of day-trips or week trips to client sites. Estimated travel away from home is 50%
- While performing the in-office responsibilities of the job, the employee may be required to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, and is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel. There may be occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor of supplies and materials weighing no more than 50 pounds. The work may involve some bending, standing or walking.
- Moderate exposure to environmental conditions that impact physical comfort such as temperature extremes while performing field work is possible. May be exposed to hazardous substances.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 949-988-3500 or email@example.com for assistance.
Vaccination against Covid-19 is strongly preferred. All employees will be subject to policies and procedures of the Company that may be dependent on vaccination status.MAKE THE MOVE
From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical design, engineering and operational solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve. We are a fast-paced and dynamic team. At Montrose, you are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we'd love to speak with you.
Want to know more about us? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our firm is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, and any other class protected by federal, state, or local law..
This job has expired.