Primary Job Purpose
Open to candidates within Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Utah
The Senior Consulting Research Analyst I provides consultation on the design, testing and enhancement of corporate programs as they pertain to the Medicare Stars team. Achieves actionable insights and solutions using analytical and statistical methods, project management and business knowledge. Researches and evaluates programs and outcomes to determine performance against stated objectives. Documents and communicates recommendations and solutions to business partners.
General Functions and Outcomes
- Perform complex analyses on programs and initiatives and creates visual representations and summary reports of findings. Develops meaningful dashboards and presentations that use information to inform and influence business activities and strategies.
- Applies knowledge of state and federal regulatory policies and procedures to program analysis and recommended actions.
- Extract, sort, cleanse, aggregate and process data from multiple sources, developing queries and reports based on business requirements.
- Work both independently and as part of a larger team supporting various internal customer groups on identifying business challenges and evaluating solutions to achieve objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop business cases, identify business problems and understand desired business outcomes.
- Completes analysis and applies judgment to derive recommendations for complex challenges and initiatives.
- Ensures the appropriate identification of root causes through effective use of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Prepares and presents standard and ad-hoc analysis to business partners that help guide decisions and support results.
- Perform responsibilities above with an increased degree of independence and self-direction.
- Provide higher level consultation on findings and recommendations.
- Works and interacts across the organization with a variety of business units.
- Perform responsibilities above with an increased degree of independence and self-direction. Works on projects and analyses that have a broad company impact.
- Provides higher level analysis and data interpretation in support of strategy development, program implementation and analysis.
- Develops meaningful dashboards and presentations that use information to inform and influence business activities and strategies, including senior leaders.
- Acts as an analytics, evaluation, or statistics subject matter expert on teams brought working toward the development and execution of strategic initiatives.
- Serve as mentor for junior members of the team.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
- Experience with analytical / statistical programming tools for data extraction and summarization, statistics, and analysis (SAS, SQL, SPSS, R, STATA, MatLab, etc.). Ability to develop and modify queries to extract large amounts of data for standard and ad-hoc data requests.
- Experience with pre-processing of data, such as cleansing, aggregating, sorting, and combining data. Ability to combine multiple sources of data.
- Experience or coursework in advanced analytics such as analytic discovery, descriptive statistics, forecasting, experimental design, statistical inference, or predictive models.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex quantitative and qualitative data, independently or as part of a team. Ability to synthesize analytic insights with business questions, literature, judgment, and policy knowledge to develop options, action plans, and solutions for internal business partners.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills to effectively interface and communicate with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate or coordinate activities or projects, including the ability to identify business requirements, resolve issues, and build consensus among groups of diverse stakeholders.
- Deeper experience than Consulting Research Analyst Associate in analytical / statistical programming tools and in the ability to extract and summarize data for requests. Demonstrated ability to thoroughly and accurately pre-process and combine multiple sources of data.
- Demonstrated application of advanced analytic skills in one or more areas including analytic discovery, descriptive statistics, forecasting, multivariate modeling, experimental design, statistical inference, or predictive models.
- Ability to provide analysis and data interpretation in support of strategy development, program implementation, and evaluation. Ability to develop innovative solutions by synthesizing literature, expert opinion, policy, and analytic insights.
- Ability to serve as a Cambia resource for current programs and new opportunities by combining business knowledge with program evaluation concepts and methodologies.
- Ability to present to and communicate with a broad array of internal and external customers, including leadership.
- Ability to coordinate across teams or functions to drive solutions and to resolve issues in a timely and effective manner. Oversees project resources and timelines. Assists with training and staff development activities.
- Applies knowledge of healthcare and interventions to improve member experience and achieve cost containment and other corporate objectives.
- Designs, develops or oversees acceptance testing of new reports, programs, and models. Reviews reports and other deliverables with end customer in mind to ensure outputs meet expectations prior to being put into production.
- Expert level in using analytical / statistical programming tools and querying complex data sources.
- Demonstrated application of advanced analytic skills to business problems in two or more areas including analytic discovery, descriptive statistics, forecasting, multivariate modeling, experimental design, statistical inference, or predictive models.
- Proven ability to use analysis and data interpretation to drive strategy development, program implementation, and evaluation. Demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions by synthesizing literature, expert opinion, policy, and analytic insights.
- Demonstrated ability to combine business knowledge with strong knowledge and skills in program evaluation to drive program strategy and achieve business objectives.
- Proven ability to document business requirements and present complex analytical concepts to business stakeholders, thereby ensuring outcomes and methodologies are understood.
- Demonstrated strong facilitation skills, including the ability to resolve issues and build consensus among groups of diverse stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of business goals and objectives that enhance the likelihood of recommending solutions that align with expected outcomes.
- Applies advanced knowledge of healthcare and interventions to improve member experience and achieve cost containment and other corporate objectives.
- Leads projects and establishes objectives and timeliness to ensure initiatives are delivered on time and meet customer expectations. May lead company-wide programs and projects. Able to direct the work of other analysts or assist with staff training and development.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional team from project ideation, problem identification, analytics design, solution development, program implementation, and project evaluation.
Senior Consulting Research Analyst I would have a BA/BS degree (or equivalent experience) in social science, public health, economics, statistics, actuarial science or mathematics and 7 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree or PhD preferred.
This position includes 401(k), healthcare, paid time off, paid holidays, and more. For more information, please visit www.cambiahealth.com/careers/total-rewards
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please email CambiaCareers@cambiahealth.com