At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Celgard where we develop and manufacture membrane battery separators that are critical components used in lithium-ion batteries for electric drive vehicles (EDVs) and energy storage systems (ESS).
Job Duties: Working in a team-centered environment, this position will directly contribute to the goals and objectives of the quality department for the facility by driving continuous improvement in regards to contamination activities.
- Create/implement contamination protocol as required by the plant/customer.
- Create/update contamination related documents as necessary.
- Complete monthly particle checks for both plants.
- Work with Microscopy to ensure tracking/completion of analysis.
- Review and report SEM analysis to different stakeholders
- Learn to use Microscope and EDS analyzer
- Create standard reporting formats
- Help support customer complaints associated with contamination
- Work with maintenance team to identify/track the metals we use in each process.
- Lead contamination reduction projects throughout both plants.
- Help to implement corrective actions associated with metal contamination events.
- Help implement better cleaning tools/cleaning methods
- Track particle meter data and complete RCA's to drive improvements.
- Help manage the particle control system which includes setting metrics and tracking those metrics in all areas.
- Create Engineering/Capital request projects to help reduce scrap associated with contamination events
- Help train employees to upgraded contamination standards
- Tracking upgrades that are made in regards to contamination improvements and potentially presenting these to customers.
- Experience with SPC software such as Minitab or Power BI
- Knowledgeable with AX, shop floor, quality system and mass trace programs
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to work independently under limited supervision
- Excellent communication, teamwork, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on a high performing team, contributing to an environment where open and honest communication is the norm.
4-year university degree preferred (BS in science or engineering) Work Experience:
- 1 to 3 years of experience working in different areas of the manufacturing process. (formal degree)
- 5 years of experience working in different areas of the manufacturing process. (no formal degree)
- 1 to 3 years of experience implementing/updating documents
- 0 to 1 years of experience leading continuous improvement projects.
- Knowledge and experience with manufacturing operations/cleaning methods
- Experience with leading/participating on projects
- Knowledge of cleaning practices throughout the manufacturing operation
- A passion for improving the cleanliness of our manufacturing operations
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.