The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand.
Inspired by our unique motto, "JOY and FUN," we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. "HORIBARIANs," the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters.
HORIBA Automotive is a leading supplier in the fields of engine test systems, driveline test systems, brake test systems, wind tunnel balances and emissions test systems. More than just the world's leading supplier of emissions testing systems, HORIBA Automotive is able to provide total solutions to its customers, with full turnkey capability.
Our North American Automotive group is searching for an experienced professional Sales Engineer, experienced with the sale of Automotive Testing Services to promote our on-site contract testing services located in Troy Michigan. If you are ready for a new challenge and looking to find "Joy & Fun" in your career, please keep reading and visit our corporate website www.horiba.com to learn more.
- Examines and analyzes customers' needs; reviews requirements, recommends appropriate solutions and provides proposals for products and services based upon a thorough understanding of system level issues.
- Performs field promotional work to sell and develop new business. Attends/supports trade show booth as determined by management.
- Demonstrates products/services and provides assistance in the best application of the product/service.
- Initiates RFQ and coordinates company technical engineering services with company Inside Sale Department to determine customer needs.
- May prepare price quotations (ETC), negotiate terms of sales, delivery dates, etc., in compliance with company guidelines.
- Informs management about trends, competitive products/services and pricing; submits projections/forecasts/lost order reports to management.
- Requires minimum of 6 years of technical knowledge in a sales environment, preferably in Automotive Testing.
- Incumbent typically has a bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Total responsibility for managing and servicing major automotive accounts.
- Ability to independently develop new leads, territories, and accounts.
HORIBA Instruments offers a competitive compensation package that includes a 401(k) plan with match; employee group dental, vision, life, and disability (short and long-term) paid for by the company; medical insurance, family dental and vision insurance, and supplemental life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions; employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; flexible spending accounts; and educational reimbursement and commuter benefit programs.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please email Jo.firstname.lastname@example.org or call (248) 925-1012 for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities.
EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran Status/Disabilities.
This job has expired.