Job Location: Stuarts Draft, VA
Position Type: Hourly
Sign-On Bonus: $4000
The Hershey Company Stuarts Draft plant is a Non-Union plant producing products such as Reese's (peanut butter cups, FastBreak, Sticks, Pieces, filled shapes and NutRageous), Baking Chips, Take5, Mounds, Almond Joy, Whatchamacallit & Cookie Layer Crunch, in a high-speed complex environment.
- Starting pay range: $33.13-$40.42 per hour depending on experience / skill level
- $4000 Sign-On Bonus!
- Overtime potential
- Manufacturing Incentive Plan (MIP) Eligible
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, & Vision)-Starting Day 1!
- 401(k) Retirement Plan - with generous company match
- Hershey Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- We require that you are flexible to work any shift, weekends, overtime, and holidays
- 2nd Shift work schedule: Monday - Friday 8-hour shift beginning at 2:00, 2:30, or 3:00 pm
- 3rd Shift work schedule: Sunday - Thursday 8-hour shift beginning at 10:00, 10:30, or 11:00 pm
- Schedule assignments upon hire are determined by plant needs. Once your training period begins, you will be assigned to 1st shift for approximately 4 weeks, then moved to 2nd or 3rd shift. You will be eligible to bid on other schedules, shifts and jobs when they are posted.
- Regular schedule is 8-hour shifts. Mandatory overtime could be weekly, daily and/or weekends.
Interview / Hiring / Selection Process:
- Potentially qualified applicants will be required to complete a written NOCTI electrical skills assessment
- Candidates that pass the written NOCTI electrical skills assessment will be scheduled for an onsite interview, followed by a hands-on skills assessment at the Stuarts Draft plant
- Post-offer Drug Screen & Background Check required
The Hershey Company Stuarts Draft plant is a Non-Union plant producing products such as Reese's Pieces, Reese Cups, Reese Shapes, Reese Bars, Mr. Goodbar, Mounds, Almond Joy, NutRageous, Oh Henry, FastBreak, Whatchamacallit, Baking Chips, etc. in a high-speed complex environment.
The Controls Electrician assists area Maintenance and Production personnel in maintaining an efficient operation by utilizing all necessary abilities to troubleshoot, repair and adjust equipment with a minimal amount of down time.
- Interpret machine manuals, schematics, and engineering drawings relative to equipment assigned
- Understand & demonstrate use of the principles of electricity, electronics, and control systems
- Demonstrate an understanding of the National Electrical Code and NFPA 70-E
- Perform PLC and control system troubleshooting and repair
- Diagnose and repair or replace malfunctioning apparatus and components, such as transformers, circuit breakers, fuses, motors, fixtures, PLC's, motion controllers and drives
- Troubleshoot Controlnet, Devicenet, DH+, Remote IO and Ethernet networks
- Basic knowledge of plant, fire and water sprinkler systems and their controls
- Maintain area, tools, and equipment in a clean, safe, and proper manner
- Operate material handling equipment as required
- Complete all mandatory training
Required background skills and minimum qualifications shall include:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be flexible to work any shift
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays and overtime as scheduled
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must possess either a journeyman's card from a state approved apprenticeship program or a minimum of three years of hands-on electrical work in manufacturing systems maintenance or equivalent military experience
- Must have basic understanding of PC's and basic computer skills
- Must possess experience in industrial electrical systems
- Must possess experience in PLC's
- Must possess experience in process controls and instrumentation
- Must possess experience with motors and controls (AC and DC)
- Must possess experience with analog and digital devices
- Must possess experience with schematics and electrical print reading
- Demonstrated ability to use Current Probe, Multi-meter, Oscilloscope
- Ability to read and understand electrical diagrams
- Ability to systematically troubleshoot detailed electrical and electronic systems
- Ability and understanding to work with voltage up to 480 volts
- Ability and knowledge to troubleshoot programmable controllers
- Understanding of analog circuits, i.e., 4-20 ma or 0-10 volts
- Experience troubleshooting electrical and electronic systems
- Food manufacturing experience is highly desirable
- Experience with Safe Quality Food (SQF) practices is desirable
- Experience with Continuous Improvement methodology is beneficial
- Experience with Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) is preferred
- Experience with Autonomous Maintenance (AM) is preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to work around operating equipment, confined spaces, stand, reach, stoop, crawl, walk, climb ladders and bend
- Work will be performed within a manufacturing facility
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required to include but not limited to safety toe shoes, ear plugs, safety glasses/goggles, bump camps, hair and beard nets, and gloves
- Wearing Company-issued arc flash rated uniforms is a requirement
- Wearing arc rated and voltage rated PPE is a requirement for designated electrical tasks
Any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background check results consistent with The Hershey Company's employment policies. Background checks may include but are not limited to the following: education verification, employment verification, criminal check, social security number verification, and/or drug test.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center (email@example.com).