Provides leadership to controls design group(s) for customer machine equipment orders and supporting the company's equipment standards. Leads design team and fosters open communications environment with assigned design group. Initiates direction, coordination and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control integration, and completion of engineering projects within areas of responsibilities by performing the following duties.Electrical EngineeringHardware
Designs and implements electrical hardware, power, control interfacing diagrams and electrical enclosures/layouts using various supplier equipment PLC, CNC, servo drives and discrete components to customer based requirements and mechanical design constraints. Generate CAD hardware documentation and releases for equipment procurement.
Design and implement software interfacing of various supplier's equipment PLC, CNC, motion controls, networks communications, MIS and operator user work stations per requirements of processes defined for total system integration. Simulation testing and commissioning systems for actualization of startup/debug of systems
Design all fluid requirements (hydraulic, pneumatic, lubrication, coolant) using various supplier's equipment to customer based requirements and Cross Hüller mechanical design constraints. Sizing fluid requirements, demands, forces and design parameters with mechanical engineering department design information lineups.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate with Controls Proposal and Simultaneous engineering documentation and maintaining pertinent information.
- Investigate application of new technology, equipment and procedures for new systems designs.
- Monitor and work within proposal “as sold” content, standards, established schedules, budgets, approving prior to the beginning of the controls engineering process. Reports status to Manager, Controls Engineering
- Review customer specifications, complete D&B spec if applicable and submit for customer approval
- Prepare request for quotation (RFQ) documentation for Contact engineering. Schedule lineup meeting with approved suppliers. Review quotes with Controls Management prior to final release
- Attend all preliminary and final control lineups, documenting meeting per ISO procedures and lineup information.
- Validate engineering and material suppliers through design reviews and e-change guidelines. Document reviews per ISO procedure
- Maintain contact with customer during design, build and installation. Monitor releases and maintain customer approval returns. Travel for expediting purposes when applicable.
- Review customer approvals for requirements, changes and additional revisions not part of design and build specifications.
- Maintain controls engineering project status reports on weekly basis. Completion day TBD by Controls Engineering Manager
- Provide Purchasing with accurate lineups for long lead estimates of equipment as required.
- Approve contract engineering and supplier material prior to shipment, insuring engineering and material is completed, prior to payment
- Line-up and maintain support for manufacturing and service departments throughout the build installation and runoff phases of the project
- Coordinate prompt release of engineering documentation to manufacturing and/or service.
- Review returned documentation from manufacturing and/or service, to insure updates are implemented correctly to proposal and MAG standards.
- Coordinate with service to receive Engineering (logic, screens, drawings, manuals) for prompt final documentation shipment to customer.
- Adhere to quality, customs, foreign trade zone and environmental processes and procedures.
- Recommend training requirements to support new equipment requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education:
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; plus ten or more years of machine tool design experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, and financial reports. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customer. Ability to effectively present information to top management.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to perform all lower engineering disciplines, meet strict timetable and budgetary limits with quality results and evaluate the performance of subordinates to attain the best effort. Knowledge of PC operating systems, word processing and spreadsheet applications, preferably Microsoft Office. Experience using computer aided design systems. Knowledge of assembly and tryout procedures. May be required to travel domestically and internationally.
May be required to travel for extended periods of time. May be required to work alternate shifts. May be required to work temporary assignments at other CHNA facilities. Must be able to supply own transportation for local travel.
Performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate except when observing the machine in the manufacturing environment where the noise level could be very loud.
MAG cherishes its workforce. 30% of our team has been with us for 25+ years. MAG values its team and sets itself apart by offering:
Opportunities for growth, development and promotion
Company paid certifications, licenses and training
Competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance
401k, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off
Occasional travel is common in this position if desired.
If you meet the above requirements and would like to learn more, we invite you to please apply.
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work performed by this position. It is not intended to provide an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities of the position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job has expired.