It's more than a career, it's a calling.
MO-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis
Prepares and presents nourishing food to patients, guests and employees under sanitary conditions as directed and in accordance with established policies and procedures. May prepare baked goods according to recipes and production standards.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Prepares foods by following recipes and/or production standards for preparing, seasoning, cooking, baking, tasting, carving, and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foods. Follows recipes and product directions to prepare items such as breads, rolls, cakes, muffins, biscuits. Ensures all food is prepared in accordance with current applicable federal, state and HACCP guidelines and regulations to ensure the highest quality food.
- Performs quality assurance tasks such as routine temperature checks for final cook temperature and holding. Responds to quality assurance concerns and documents for future reference.
- Maintains a sanitary work environment through following established procedures. Ensures all equipment is maintained and in good working order.
- Stores or disposes of food remaining after each meal service following safe food storage and labeling procedures. Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of the coolers, freezers and storeroom.
- Maintains accurate records (e.g. production, waste, food temperatures, and thermometer calibration, etc..) as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures.
- Consults with the clinical dietitian on modified diets or patient special requests as necessary.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent use of smell and taste to distinguish differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors, or recognizing particular flavors and/or odors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, sitting, squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional driving.
Variable Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
90910100 Food ServicesScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
This job has expired.