Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion (₠24 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & energy, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, metals and mining. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
This position is responsible for strategically planning and executing best-in-class Corporate and Executive events aligned with Linde's vision, mission, values and branding standards. The incumbent will work directly with various corporate executives, leaders and staff to efficiently and effectively plan and execute high impact events that are meticulously organized and impeccably executed.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning and executing the organization's largest and highest profile Corporate events, including Board Meetings, AGMs, Global Leadership Conferences, Quarterly Leadership Dialogues, various executive events and dinners, all Danbury-based events
- Developing detailed event proposals for senior executives and other leaders including budget, timeline, creative, venue, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing requirements
- Providing creative direction and ensuring all events adhere to Linde's stringent branding standards - including event themes, guidelines, key visuals, communications materials, invitations, meeting materials, venue décor, promotional items, etc...
- Coordinate all associated audiovisual required including videos, presentations, etc....
- Managing client inquiries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure all runs smoothly
- Ensuring budgets are carefully managed and reported
- Negotiating and executing event-related contracts, including related payments
- Coordinating onsite venue management, consultants, caterers, designers and other vendors
- Ensuring insurance, legal, health, and safety obligations are strictly followed
- Developing and executing event-related communications
- Developing and implementing methods to transform the digital experience of company events and related communications, as appropriate (e.g. invites, online registrations, etc...)
- Coordinating event-related travel and logistical plans for executives and Board members, as necessary
- Developing alternative / emergency plans for various situations that may impact events
- Conducting de-brief sessions and methods to evaluate and measure event success. Leverage insights into future planning and improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, hospitality or related field
- 7+ years of international corporate event management experience - highly experienced in executing executive level events
- Proven experience and success working in a multi-cultural environment
- Outstanding Project Management / organization skills, as well as impeccable attention to detail
- Exceptional executive presence and ability to cultivate positive relationships with various C-suite executives, Board members and company leaders
- Highest degree of composure under pressure and high level of comfort with high exposure, high intensity, high urgency settings
- Ability to successfully multitask with competing deadlines in an intense, high performance corporate environment.
- Outstanding judgement in the absence of direct supervision
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Extensive knowledge managing agencies and other vendors
- Demonstrated awareness of event production best practices and trends, as well as experience implementing creative digital event features
- Outstanding customer service and proven reputation of collaborative work relationships
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Readiness to work outside fixed business hours if necessary (e.g. mornings, evenings, and weekends)
- Sense of humor and capacity to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.