Responsible for the design, delivery and continuous improvement of underwriting training programs across all segments. Includes conducting needs assessments, establishing appropriate curricula, executing and/or coordinating the delivery of training and evaluating its effectiveness.
- Completes and periodically updates a skills inventory analysis of Underwriting staff
- Develops curriculum based on research and analysis of business needs
- Confers with Subject Matter Experts at all levels to obtain a complete understanding of business practices and procedures. Learns and then translates complex business products and procedures into clear, concise training modules in a timely manner
- Designs employee training schedules for newly hired underwriters at PMA Companies. Acclimates new hires to the business and conducts orientation sessions
- Assists new employees with system set-up and access
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and/or establishing a resource guide that will provide a quick one stop reference document & maintain underwriting rules, documents per the established guidelines of the organization
- Research industry trends, challenges, and opportunities to inform new program/product development. Make recommendations to Underwriting Leadership as needed.
- Selects or develops teaching aids (handbooks, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials) to ensure training is accurate and effective
- Organizes and implements structured approach to delivery of training materials. Conducts and coordinates delivery of training. Uses presentation skills to create excitement and motivate audience
- Creates and continually modifies training materials to meet the needs of audience. Maintains inventory of training materials
- Evaluates, designs and develops a wide range of methods for delivery of training including but not limited to instructor led, self-guided, virtual classroom, web-based and other eLearning methodologies
- Conduct follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate the effectiveness of sessions delivered, and provide feedback to management regarding the results
- Utilizes multimedia technology, software, applications, and authoring tools to create e-learning and instructor-led courses, materials, job aids, and communications
- Plans and manages underwriting training budget
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
This job has expired.
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a trainer preferred
- Commercial Lines Underwriting and account management experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- CPCU, ARM and or similar designations preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in training methodologies, curriculum development and soft skills
- Ability to successfully develop and deliver training programs using skills in instruction design, program design and development
- Excellent creative and conceptual thinking ability
- Strong organization, planning, problem resolution, facilitation, attention to detail and level of quality, collaboration and influencing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills essential
- Computer literate. Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office (especially PowerPoint and Word) and visual aids technology
- Travel required as needed