Eurofins Test America is searching for a Courier in Pleasanton, CA
The Courier is responsible for the pick-up and delivery of water, soil and air samples to and from the laboratory. Maintain the quality, hold time, and turnaround time objectives of the lab. Prepare and deliver bottle orders to clients following the SOP of the lab. Receive and stock all sample control supplies, prepare and ship sample kits and perform sampling events as needed. Dispose of samples and hazardous waste according to guidelines and carry out any other duties assigned by the department manager.
Courier responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
The ideal candidate would possess :
- Perform all duties as outlined in the SOP for Couriers.
- Pick up and deliver samples, bottle orders and report to the laboratory for sign-in and analysis.
- Count the number of samples when receiving them from clients to make sure that the Chain of Custody and samples match. Verify that samples are not broken or damaged.
- Receive and sign the Chain of Custody.
- Ensure that client signs, dates, and records time on the Chain of Custody when releasing samples.
- Transport samples on ice from client site to the lab, or from our lab to a sub- contracted laboratory.
- Unload samples and inspect for damage or violated hold times to maintain sample integrity.
- Interact with Project Managers and clients appropriately and professionally.
- Follow directions or use maps to locate client offices/sites as specified in the courier request form.
- Communicate effectively with the courier coordinator about the courier schedule.
- Record in the courier log book the time that courier arrives to the site and time leaving from the site for all the pick ups and deliveries.
- Maintain records for the vehicle maintenance and driving miles; turn it in at the end of each month.
- Restock supplies when received so supplies are available to employees when needed.
- Verify the validity and completeness of all bottle orders being delivered. This verification is done prior to leaving for delivery.
- Perform duties in accordance with Section 14 of the Transportation and Fleet Safety of the Corporate Safety Manual.
- Comply with the Company's "Driver Evaluation and Qualification Policy".
- Maintain the shipping/receiving area to ensure a safe work environment.
- Prepare outgoing shipments of bottle kits and coolers for pick-up.
- Perform on-site sampling events as needed.
- Dispose of samples according to guidelines on a monthly basis to remain in compliance with EPA and EH&S requirements.
- Maintain delivery truck to keep in proper working order.
- Label samples after log in on an as needed basis.
- May be assigned other sample control duties as identified by the department manager of Sample Control.
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- Ability to read maps and follow directions
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Pleasanton, CA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options. To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
This job has expired.