- Review/Approve unsecured shop limits within assigned authority (up to 150k)
- Perform analysis on GC's/owners, sureties, and other pertinent parties for new jobs
- Approve and manage job limits within assigned authority (up to 750k)
- Review/analyze information received from corporate financial statements, D&B, NACM and other credit services to establish unsecured and secured credit extension
- Mitigate order holds by monitoring and maintaining adequate/supported credit limits
- Prepare and submit necessary monthly reports to management regarding collection issues
- Closely manage aging accounts and determine action needed
- Perform collection call activity for accounts within the assigned territory
- Create and approve payment plans for delinquent customers (up to 100k and 90 days)
- Review lien / bond filing dates to ensure compliance and protect collectability of AR
- Follow all required state/federal lien/bond laws for branches assigned
- Follow up on disputes timely and work with Regional/Branch and salesman to resolve
- Determine legal action when necessary, including direct communication with legal representation
- Authorize placement of accounts with collection agencies
- Recommend bad debt write offs, reserves, and legal action when necessary
- Communicate regularly and partner with sales team regarding collection matters and next steps
- Lead monthly AR call with Branch Manager
- Visit customers and branches as needed which will include some limited travel
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 4 years previous experience in a credit/collection role
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive collection results
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer and sales relationships
- General computer skills (Windows, Office, Excel, Word)
- Prior experience in distribution and/or construction industry
- Lien and Bond experience
- Prior experience with GetPaid or other automated collection tool
- General understanding of reconciling customer accounts
Following is a list of physical and mental requirements identified as necessary to achieve the essential functions of this role:
Attendance - Ability to maintain the scheduled days and hours, including onsite presence at the assigned location as specified.
Physical Capacities - Lift up to 25 pounds on occasion, sitting and standing for extended periods.
Operation of Office Equipment - Job requires operation of equipment common to office settings, including computers, copiers, and other office equipment, including Near Vision, Manual Dexterity, and working in proximity to equipment.
Oral Communication Skills - Speaking, Speech Clarity, and Speech Recognition.
Written Communication Skills - Writing, Reading and Written Comprehension, and Written Expression.
Mental Capacities - Achievement/Effort, Active Listening, Adaptability/Flexibility, Analytical Thinking, Attention to Detail, Category Flexibility, Concern for Others, Cooperation and Coordination, Critical Thinking, Deductive Reasoning, Dependability, Independence, Inductive Reasoning, Information Ordering, Initiative, Innovation, Maintenance of Relationships, Integrity, Oral Comprehension and Expression, Problem Sensitivity, Selective Attention, Self-Control, Service Orientation, Social Orientation, Social Perceptiveness, Stress Tolerance, Support, and Time Management.
Our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We're also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Parental Leave
- Long-term Disability
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional Voluntary Benefits through Corestream
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! Reece USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Employer Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, and any other status protected by law.
This job has expired.