Customer Consultant -Engineering Products - Academic Markets
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Do you have experience in a customer facing role with a proven track record of maximizing customer satisfaction? Eager to act as a trusted advisor to the customer; ensuring the customer adopts, uses, and gains maximum value from our solutions? Are you analytical and have a strong business sense? Our Customer Consultant (CC) position for our Engineering Products could be your next challenge!
Through a carefully planned implementation and on boarding process the CC will ensure that the customer (Academic accounts within the region) fully realizes the return on their investment of Elsevier content tools. Continual engagement with the customer will ensure the solutions continue to meet the needs of the client, thereby ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and maximizing revenue for Elsevier.
In order to be successful, the Customer Consultant will have a deep understanding of users research workflow. You will be an integral part of the sales team, working closely with sales, global customer service teams, marketing and product teams. This position will be home office based with travel to customer accounts as needed.
You will become part of the Academic Accounts Sales Team, a group of enthusiastic sales professionals responsible for calling on Academic Accounts in the territory. You will focus on providing information and research solutions for a variety of Engineering departments at client accounts. You will sell and support our Engineering Portfolio: Knovel, Engineering Village & Geofacets. You will be expected to travel approximately 30%.
- You are responsible for customer satisfaction and for ensuring value and use of the Elsevier Engineering products portfolio and for renewal revenue growth and maximizing customer retention.
- Drive successful implementation and adoption of the solution portfolio in your territory.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the customer by providing in-depth product training, support and guidance directly aligned to the specific research workflow and customer objectives to ensure our solutions positively impact their research outcomes.
- Uncover, analyze, and upsell opportunities at the account, plus support the account team with the preparation of tailored renewal value stories, including demonstration of product value and ROI.
- On-going monitoring of customer to ensure increasing value and minimize attrition risk.
- Bench mark, set targets, and systematically monitor usage with the customer, develop an action plan where usage is not meeting targets.
- Ensure successful implementation and adoption of solution at customers; ensure delivery of appropriate training in line with customer engagement plan.
- Identify, support and develop champions and advocates within the customer environment. Ensure that they communicate the impact our solutions on the research outcomes.
- Help to improve product and solutions by giving feedback and getting involved in the product development process.
- Experience working within engineering is helpful
- BS/BA required; Engineering degree highly preferred (Process, Chemical, Industrial, Civil, or Mechanical)
- Experience using complex enterprise software tool would be desirable.
- Background in customer engagement and driving customer adoption
- Experienced in working in an international matrix organization is helpful
- Strong communication (verbal including on-line delivery and written) and presentation skills
- A passion for customer engagement, drive; enthusiasm and energy is a must!
We are the leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information and tools in the world that help our customers improve scientific and healthcare outcomes. We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment offering great opportunities to develop yourself.
- Competitive base salary
- Generous Commission plan based on performance
- Excellent medical, dental and 401K benefits
- All expenses and travel fully paid
- Excellent hands-on training program and a team to support you
- Numerous online resources to assist with self-development and career progression
- This hi visibility position allows for interactions with all areas of our Research Solutions business, which will lead to tremendous opportunity for career advancement into various roles within our organization
- Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.