This is the entry level CVD Technician position. Incumbents are expected to possess strong analytical skills, high mechanical aptitude. The entry level CVD Technician will work under the guidance of senior CVD Technicians. This position assists in the production and developmental functions that ensure that CVD coated parts meet quality and delivery requirements of SGL Carbon customers. Responsibilities include tasks, analysis, and procedures with minimal supervision and creative problem solving daily.
- Reactor operation
- Assist in the improvement of coating uniformity and cosmetics.Maintain and enhance part performacne and reduction of contamination. Prepare and analyze fixturing for optimal performance. Develop methodologies for improving existing fixtures.
- Analyze load capacity and maintain highest optimal load per reactor.
- Employ preventative and predictive maintenance techniques.
- Inspection of parts: pre and post-coating
- Shipping, Receiving and Inventory Control
- Work in compliance with safety and environmental guidelines.
- 2-year degree in technical field, or equivalent
- At least 1 year of manufacturing experience. Experience operating vacuum furnate, vacuum pumps, gas scrubber system and programmable logic controllers helpful.
- Basic knowledge of blueprint reading
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- High level of dexterity - ability to make precisely coordinated movements for honing operations
- Ability to work well without close supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, walk and hear, use hands to finger or feel and reach with arms and hands. On occasion, this position will be required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is required to lift up to 25 pounds regularly, 50 pounds with help on occasion, and must be able to move or maneuver up to 100 pounds on occasion with help. This position required close vision, and the ability to adjust focus. This position requires a high level of hand and finger dexterity.
Convince us with your skills and strengths - in an experienced team, working on challenging tasks. With our leading-edge technologies and materials, you will have freedom to act and a wide range of development opportunities. Attractive remuneration as well as smart fringe benefits are part of our offer. Equal Opportunity Employer
We provide equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other classification protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
This job has expired.