Excentium, Inc. is a Service Disabled Veteran owned small business that provides Cyber Security Engineering, Information Assurance (IA), management, Certification and Accreditation (C&A), and other IT services to government and commercial organizations.
We have an opportunity for a Cybersecurity Engineer supporting one of our Federal customers in Falls Church VA. Area
MINIMUM CLEARANCE LEVEL: Secret
CITIZENSHIP: US Citizenship
LOCATION: Falls Church, VA
Key Skills & Experience:
- The Cybersecurity Engineer determines enterprise information assurance and security standards.
- Develops and implements information assurance/security standards and procedures for the customer.
- Coordinates, develops, and evaluates security programs for an organization.
- They will provide recommendations for information assurance/security solutions to support the customers' requirements.
- Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations.
- Establishes and satisfies information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Defines, plans, designs, and evaluates information security system.
- Assesses architecture and current hardware limitations, defines and designs system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Support information system life cycle activities from rapidly establishing systems to support classified proposals, to scoping systems for new programs and preparing Risk Management Framework packages, to regular maintenance, support and upgrades of systems during program execution, to program close-out and de-certification activities.
- Ensure compliance with data security policies and relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide subject matter expertise in all cyber security initiatives and help in explaining new guidance.
- Ensure appropriate changes and improvement actions are implemented as required.
- Maintain current knowledge of authenticator management for unclassified systems
- Four (4) to Six (6) years of experience in enterprise information assurance and DOD security standards. Three (3) years of technical experience in support of Cybersecurity/network protection projects.
- Understanding of content filtering, application firewalls, malware detection, and networking capabilities and the ability to articulate TCP/IP protocols operations to include but not limited to domain name system (DNS), timing protocols, and secure communication protocols (e.g. SSH, SSL)
- Experience with Defense Health Agency desired
- BS degree in Network Security, or Computer Science.
- High level understanding of operating system security settings, configuration, and policies (Windows, Red Hat and/or other Linux) virtual environments, and/or scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, Bash, etc.)
- Familiarity with Risk Management Framework
- 4-6 years of experience in the Cyber Security/ISSO field
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to write procedures and other informative correspondence
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret security regulations
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve network/operating system security issues
- Minimum of DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II is required
Excentium offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, and paid time off.
We take pride in building a workforce with a strong Veterans focus Excentium, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.