ECS is seeking a Data Architect to work in our Washington, DC office.
ECS is seeking a passionate, and driven Data Architect to support DHS' Enterprise Architecture Branch under the Office of the Chief Information Officer that provides innovative and complex data solutions and visualizations to users. The Data Architect or Modeler is responsible for collaborating with other data architects and full stack developers to support an open-source application that combines data from several external sources with data maintained within the application. Must be able to build and maintain data models, engineer data architectures and develop data integrations such as extract, transform, and load (ETL) workflows. Must work closely with other architecture and engineering disciplines to establish data best practices for analysis, modeling, designing, and building business information systems.
- Assist an enterprise architecture group in designing, modeling, building, and maintaining data for complex, extensible, and highly visible on premise and cloud-based data platforms
- Collaborate with technology and business teams to champion robust, flexible, and scalable data architecture
- As part of enterprise architecture group, establish data security and governance policies for data at rest and while in motion
- Perform build versus buy analysis on relevant solutions and technologies as necessary
- Document, present and evangelize as necessary to establish data platform of the future
- Troubleshoot and resolve database issues
- Must be a US Citizen
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field/equivalent experience
- 11+ years of IT experience including experience in development of large-scale, complex data architectures
- Experience interacting closely with key project stakeholders to design, plan, and implement sustainable solutions
- Knowledge of data management and data architecture concepts
- Knowledge of data warehousing and data analytics
- Experience architecting and modeling mission-critical BI, OLTP, ETL, and integrated data solutions
- Experience in one or more of the following data modeling tools: Erwin, Visio, other data modeling tools
- Knowledge of data integration and data quality
- Experience with Python applications for AI and ML
- Experience at DHS and knowledge of DHS standards
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.