ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
The Sample Entry Clerk processes incoming samples by unpacking and sorting the samples into trays, and prepares them for entry into the LIMS system. The Sample Entry Clerk is also logs the information into the LIMS system. To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Process (Open, sort, prioritize, label and "tray") ALL incoming samples by end of daily shift.
- Ensure all samples contain correct customer provided information. Add any information from mailing container (such as unit number, compartment type, etc.) or missing information that can be accurately added to the paperwork. Keep all paperwork that arrives with the sample together with the sample.
- Communicate ongoing customer paperwork issues to the supervisor.
- Know and follow all safety requirements, utilize appropriate equipment and PPE to ensure safety in the work area.
- Responsible for organizing samples and lining them in sample trays.
- Log all sample information into the LIMs system in an accurate and timely fashion to ensure optimal sample turnaround time.
- Contact customers via phone and email with sample information inquiries.
- Answer incoming calls into the lab.
- High School diploma.
- Working knowledge of computer software.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to multi-task
- Strong commitment to quality and integrity.
- Communicate well, both verbally and written, with clients as well as other employees.
- Self-motivated and willing to provide assistance to fellow team members without prompting.
- Diligent work ethic and the ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work under press and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details.
- High energy level, confidence and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work overtime, evenings and weekends.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
This job has expired.