As a Data Scientist at Meta, you will shape the future of people-facing and business-facing products we build across our entire family of applications (Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp, Oculus). By applying your technical skills, analytical mindset, and product intuition to one of the richest data sets in the world, you will help define the experiences we build for billions of people and hundreds of millions of businesses around the world. You will collaborate on a wide array of product and business problems with a diverse set of cross-functional partners across Product, Engineering, Research, Data Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Finance and others. You will use data and analysis to identify and solve product development's biggest challenges. You will influence product strategy and investment decisions with data, be focused on impact, and collaborate with other teams. By joining Meta, you will become part of a world-class analytics community dedicated to skill development and career growth in analytics and beyond.Product leadership: You will use data to shape product development, quantify new opportunities, identify upcoming challenges, and ensure the products we build bring value to people, businesses, and Meta. You will help your partner teams prioritize what to build, set goals, and understand their product's ecosystem.Analytics: You will guide teams using data and insights. You will focus on developing hypotheses and employ a diverse toolkit of rigorous analytical approaches, different methodologies, frameworks, and technical approaches to test them.Communication and influence: You won't simply present data, but tell data-driven stories. You will convince and influence your partners using clear insights and recommendations. You will build credibility through structure and clarity, and be a trusted strategic partner.
Data Scientist, Product Analytics Responsibilities:
- Work with large and complex data sets to solve a wide array of challenging problems using different analytical and statistical approaches.
- Apply technical expertise with quantitative analysis, experimentation, data mining, and the presentation of data to develop strategies for our products that serve billions of people and hundreds of millions of businesses.
- Identify and measure success of product efforts through goal setting, forecasting, and monitoring of key product metrics to understand trends.
- Define, understand, and test opportunities and levers to improve the product, and drive roadmaps through your insights and recommendations.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and cross-functional teams to inform, influence, support, and execute product strategy and investment decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, a relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience in analytics (minimum of 2 years with a Ph.D.)
- Experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), and/or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R)
- Masters or Ph.D. Degree in a quantitative field.
This job has expired.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here
. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy
, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees
by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program
in certain locations, as required by law