This position is responsible for all levels of development from analysis through implementation and support of applications from detailed specifications. This position is also responsible for contributing to the preparation of specifications from which programs will be written.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Analyze and document how business requirements fit into existing system
- Gather requirements and creates system specifications for small, standalone projects
- Assist in refining system specifications for complex projects
- Translate detailed program specifications for less complex problems and clearly defined segments of more complex programs into coded computer instructions
- Create and/ or modify programs to adapt to changes in needs and requirements
- Test coded program routines and makes revisions to eliminate errors, with supervision
- Review test results with users, completes final program documentation, and obtains approval for changes
- Analyze issues and uses judgement to make decisions, with supervision
- Provide on call support
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 2+ years of experience with Structured Query Language
- Experience with one or more of the following: SSIS, SSMS, SSRS, Informatica
- Experience with relational databases
- Development knowledge of all phases of Software Development Lifecycle
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously with guidance
- Perform tasks within predefined guidelines and procedures as assigned by manager or project team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of data modeling
- Experience with TFS
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.