ECS is seeking a Database Engineer to work in our Springfield, VA office.
The ISE is responsible for collaborating on DoD and DNI policy development and ensuring implementation into IT Information Sharing policy for the Agency. The Functional Specialist/Advisor shall provide support to the CDO in his/her ISE responsibilities. This position is needed at NCE to support the Chief Data Officer (CDO) in communicating and using their technical expertise to inform the NGA/AAA and EDM teams on data management, data storage designs, and data governance solutions. This will enable enterprise level data access and governance across the agency and ensure efficient data storage and downstream data delivery to other existing systems.
Duties shall include:
- Responsible for interfacing with NGA and IC senior leadership and well as vendors and businesses specializing in advanced data management solutions.
- Responsible for using their expertise to evaluate and support development of an enterprise data lake and data lake provisioning. This requires that they have extensive knowledge of cloud services (AWS) and enterprise data architecture design as well as familiarity with cutting-edge data storage/databases and data management software both SQL and NO SQL
- Support ISE efforts to define NGA information sharing policy throughout NGA and stakeholder communities.
- Support ISE work activities associated with the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) Information Sharing Steering Committee, Department of Defense (DoD) Information Sharing, International Information Sharing, and International Sharing Communications.
- Design business processes, procedures, and workflow strategies for the management and sharing of information.
- Review, analyze, streamline and document information sharing policies, directives, and instructions.
- Provide daily administrative and project management support to the ISE.
- Support the ISE in all Information Sharing Meetings by preparing and distributing meeting minutes, notes and agendas and capturing action items.
- Independently plan, execute and report on tasks as identified by the ISE.
- Interface professionally with different personalities in a range of positions, including many at very senior levels across multiple agencies.
- Analyze, track, and respond to Agency- and Group-level Action Items affecting the ISE within specified and often abbreviated timelines.
- Assist in the preparation of routine and special topic briefings and reports; prepares and distribute briefing reports and read-ahead material.
- Support training content development and delivery to promote Information Sharing awareness.
- Professionally interact with senior-level directors and/or agency heads.
- Demonstrate keen interpersonal and customer service, data gathering, analysis, effective management and organization, competent oral and written skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Plan and lead sub-tasks/projects.
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and work in an often fast-paced environment with deadlines.
- TS/SCI Poly clearance
- Bachelor's degree
- or 11 - 14 years' experience within related field crossing government and commercial markets.
- 10+ years' experience using Microsoft Office Applications.
- 10+ years' experience executing and completing rapid turn-around and short-suspense tasks.
- 10+ years' experience working on Intelligence Community or Department of Defense offices/programs.
- At least 8 years of experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple source
- At least 8 years of experience/knowledge of data cleaning, wrangling, visualization and reporting, with an understanding of the best, most efficient use of associated tools and applications to complete these tasks.
- Effective Communication skills and ability to translate mission requirements to systematic functions and vice versa.
- Hands-on working knowledge of software development skills such as Java, Python, KAFKA, SPARK, and Scala.
- Experience with continuous service / process improvement.
- Experience in MapReduce and working knowledge of data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval.
- Data supply chain and data curation (ETL) knowledge (informatica, datastage, open source s/w).
- Working knowledge of ESRI stack, authoring ReSTFul API's.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.