Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
We are seeking an Engineer for our Wooster, Ohio location
Responsible for coordination and implementation of moderately complex engineering projects in accordance with Linde policies. Core focus will be to carry products from development through commercialization of cryogenic technologies in the food industry. Additional opportunity in gas technologies for pharmaceuticals and wastewater may also be applied.
This position works under general supervision utilizing diversified procedures and standards. Candidate has mastered a mechanical engineering skill-set and maintains a thorough knowledge of new developments and technology. Heavily involved in pre- and post-sale support of commercial applications.
- Demonstrates creativity and ingenuity in applying engineering principles and practices
- Develops, selects and implements engineering techniques and solutions to solve difficult problems
- Participates in defining engineering approaches and in planning, prioritizing and scheduling work for design team
- Performs engineering calculations for accurate sizing of customer specific freezing applications.
- Ensures successful completion of assigned project phases within the budgeted time and cost constraints
- Prioritizes work and prepares engineering plans accurately
- Reviews and checks project specific drawings and data sheets to ensure compliance with design criteria and standards
- Influences team members and promotes ideas to improve design and implantation practices
- Analyze cost and benefits of various solutions, followed by appropriate recommendations
- May lead field teams through installations, issue identification, analysis and repairs related to primary skill area
- Interfaces with internal and external customers/suppliers
- May provide technical and engineering support to Linde regions
- Provides technical guidance to other professionals
- Directs preparation of appropriate documentation for assigned project phases and prepares required reports and summaries to communicate project progress or results
- Travel to customer sites and equipment fabricators as required
- Work with technicians to facilitate completion of design and fabrication
- BS Degree in engineering (mechanical preferred)
- A minimum of five (5) years overall experience in applications and / or design engineering (preferably in food applications)
- Able to read, understand and modify electrical schematics fluidly
- Must have proficiency in a CAD platform; strong familiarity with AutoDesk Inventor 2020 preferred
- Must have an understanding of PLC programming and ladder logic, Allen Bradley RS Logix and Siemens a plus
- Experience in supervision of technical teams and projects strongly preferred
- Must be able to travel approximately 40%
- Familiarity with applications in cryogenic and other relevant process industries is highly desirable
- Experience in equipment design and manufacturing
- Project management experience highly desirable
- Background in new equipment and applications commercialization strongly preferred
- Must be able to articulately communicate ideas to others across different levels inside and outside the organization.
- Knowledge of how businesses operate; keenly aware of how strategies and decisions affect success of projects.
- Familiarity of USDA, NSF a plus, but not required
- AutoCad Electrical a plus
- Familiarity with JDE, Oracle or other ERP software with respect to accounting
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.