Summary of Role:
In this position the intern will work alongside the Fab8 DFM validation team in the Technology Enablement organization at GLOBALFOUNDRIES. The job scope includes supporting an automation system to drive fab feedforward for design weakpoints and feeding back Si learning from the fab back to design teams, accessing impact of design-process systematics on active products in the line, and proving value of foundry DFM rules. The candidate will implement data analytic and visualization functions for the automation system and will perform analysis of physical layouts for weakpoint identification.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Support an automation system to drive fab feedforward for design weakpoints and feeding back Si learning from the fab back into design team
- Identify design-process systematics from high volume manufacturing
- Quantify the impact of design-process systematics with design profiling on all active products
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education - Actively pursuing a BSEE, Computer Science, or other relevant engineering discipline
- Experience in linux environments
- Experience in some form of scripting language (Python/PERL)
- Language Fluency - English
- Design for manufacturing experience and programming skill is desirable
- Semiconductor experience in design or process integration
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
Procedure: All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.